Recent posts

Main Message Board / Re: New fuel tank
Last post by LogoFreak - Yesterday at 08:33:54 PM
Painted  :clap
Main Message Board / Re: HELP New Alternator needed...
Last post by kyleolmstead - Yesterday at 08:09:28 PM
Quote from: Mick Laver on January 17, 2018, 08:57:53 AMPeter,
I replaced mine with Motorola (Leece Neville) 12V 90A Marine Alternator 110-603, pulley Mot 107-1, adapter bushing MOT 118-2. Did not use an external regulator. Quite an improvement over the original 51A.
- Mick

Hi Mick,

Thanks for this info. I am copying what you did, but having trouble finding the pulley. I can't find mot 107-1, but am seeing prestolite 107-1 and Motorola 7-1. Any info or sources for this pulley would be much appreciated.

Kyle
Main Message Board / Re: MK1 fuel pump wiring
Last post by KWKloeber - Yesterday at 06:45:57 PM
To say the best/easiest way to wire the pump, need to know: Did you butt crimp the expensive hunks of wire from CD onto your engine harness, or did you use the non-ABYC compliment terminal strip that CD also sells?
Main Message Board / Re: Replacing part of a bulkhe...
Last post by waughoo - Yesterday at 06:04:08 PM
Nice progress!

Have you made a decision on what to cover the repair with?
Last post by Pete G - Yesterday at 04:58:38 PM
The boat had the original wiring harness and the PO hadn't done the critical upgrade.  I bought the replacement from CatalinaDirect.  The previous was the standard RV connector, but the fuel pump isn't part of that harness, in either case.  In the original, the fuel pump connects to the ammeter, which I replaced with a voltmeter.
Last post by KWKloeber - Yesterday at 04:15:07 PM
More info

Which engine does she have
What do you mean "replaced" it? With what, from what source.  Is it a custom made harness or a hunk of wire between two points.

Picture of what you had before you replaced whatever you replaced?
Main Message Board / MK1 fuel pump wiring
Last post by Pete G - Yesterday at 03:43:42 PM
I replaced the gauges and wiring harness to the engine.  I'm not sure where the fuel pump should be connected.  Help!

Pete
Main Message Board / Re: Transmission Replacement: ...
Last post by Ron Hill - Yesterday at 01:39:35 PM
Paul : I got my new M25XPB engine from the Universal Dealer in Norfolk.

I see you are on the eastern Shore - If you or a buddy has a truck you can pick up the engine your self and save the transportation $$ cost!!

A thought
Main Message Board / Re: Replacing part of a bulkhe...
Last post by melp64 - Yesterday at 01:04:31 PM
This weekend I am tabbing in the replacement piece of 3/4 plywood I fitted.
Main Message Board / Re: Transmission Replacement: ...
Last post by waughoo - Yesterday at 12:50:12 PM
Stu,

I also agree.  I honestly appreciate my m35 that has 4 cylinders as I feel it is a bit smoother when running.

The down side however is the fuel consumption.  Here in the PNW, there is a LOT of motoring (see Logo Freak's re-tank on his boat to increase fuel capacity). Using more fuel for little gain in performance seems a luxury not supported by the fuel capacity of the stock set up.