Join the C34 Association Today!
[C34 Home] [C34Tech Notes] [C34 Tech Wiki] [Join!]
Please login or register.
Advanced search  


Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
 on: November 16, 2021, 02:03:54 PM 
Started by Trillium - Last post by glennd3
It seem to me above the spreaders is too high, both for looks and it would place the weight higher than needed. I have a standard rig,  not tall. My  4G radar is mounted below the spreaders and above the steaming light, using a bracket from Kato Marine. I fly a 135% genoa and have never had any issues with it “hanging up” on the radar.

I wish I sailed where there are palm trees in the photos! :cry4`

 on: November 16, 2021, 01:59:27 PM 
Started by crieders - Last post by glennd3

 on: November 16, 2021, 01:45:51 PM 
Started by tmac - Last post by glennd3
 I purchased clamps from this site and was very satisfied with them. I will be back at my boat tomorrow and will check the sizes for you, assuming I remember to do it.

 on: November 16, 2021, 01:24:42 PM 
Started by glennd3 - Last post by glennd3

 on: November 16, 2021, 01:23:11 PM 
Started by glennd3 - Last post by glennd3

 on: November 16, 2021, 01:20:52 PM 
Started by glennd3 - Last post by glennd3

 on: November 16, 2021, 01:18:58 PM 
Started by glennd3 - Last post by glennd3

 on: November 16, 2021, 01:16:43 PM 
Started by glennd3 - Last post by glennd3

 on: November 16, 2021, 01:14:43 PM 
Started by glennd3 - Last post by glennd3
Now that the boat is on the hard I started working on the teak again. During the trip to the marina where I store the boat for the winter I cut and sanded the plugs for the eyebrow pieces and put on a couple layers of cetol to hold till spring. I will then re-sand the eyebrow pieces and reapply the cetol. I have to wait for the correct temps to do it properly. I removed the vertical pieces that create the grove that holds the hatch boards, three screws each. They were not coated where they attached to the fiberglass. However there was a material almost like candle wax that came off easy with a putty knife. Does anyone know what it may be?  I am still working on removing the horizontal base board, eight screws. I had a problem getting 2 out, stripped heads. I then tried drilling off the screw heads but as luck would have it my drill battery died. I will go back tomorrow to remove those screws. I am hoping that 5200 is not used to attach that piece to the fiberglass as it did not want to give very much. I may have to use a couple of half inch plugs where the 2 problem screws are located.I have included many pictures but I can only post 5 at a time so have patience for me. I hope someone finds this thread useful.

 on: November 16, 2021, 12:56:20 PM 
Started by tmac - Last post by Stu Jackson
You can never have enough hose clamps in differnt sizes.

Very true.

tmac, look at it this way:  instead of trying to find out "exactly" what you need, or "close enough" to it, to START make a list of each of the hoses.

Then, identify the sizes of each of the hoses.  The engine has 7/8" and 5/8" hoses.

Next, determine how many "ends" each hose has.  I'm not kidding here, I know every hose can only have two ends (!!!), but some are discontinuous and/or have breaks somewhere in the routing, making two hose clamps into four for each run.

Once you have that information, you can start to home in on clamp sizing, which is kinda the last thing to do.  Of course, we can tell you the ID of (most of) the (OEM) hoses.

I recall that when I did my plumbing replacement (because of a leak in one hose that ran underneath the engine bed back to the head sink), I also made sure to put two hose clamps on every connection because I didn't want to go back under the galley sink if I could ever avoid it.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]