Recent posts

Main Message Board / Cooler/refrig lid.
Last post by melp64 - Yesterday at 01:07:53 PM
I know this may seem weird but can someone send me a picture of a open cooler lid. I am getting ready to have my counters made but because my counters were so water logged and rotten I don't know how it goes back together. Do I make the countertop opening 1" bigger than the cooler opening that way it has something to close to and put a gasket on. A picture would be awesome
Main Message Board / Re: Epic sailing photos!!
Last post by waughoo - Yesterday at 12:54:47 PM
Gonna try again here now that it is Spring in the North.  This thread is meant for ALL to post great sailing photos.  I went sailing with a good friend of mine (each on our own boats) and he managed to catch some great shots of Belafonte under sail!!

Come on and post what you got!
Main Message Board / Re: interior paint/ fixing a b...
Last post by waughoo - Yesterday at 12:41:35 PM
Thanks Ken.  The lighting upgrades, even in my 90s boat, REALLY improve the user experience!!
Main Message Board / Re: Practical Sailor Video on ...
Last post by KWKloeber - Yesterday at 11:13:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6eMUqbB1Jg

Re: PS comment about facial tissues in the head. Buy a weighted teak or resin cube tissue box holder, spray-glue non-skid to the bottom, and use a roll of potty paper inside.

That was my normal go-to at home before I was shamed for wanting to re-engineer everything I put my hands on. :shock: 8)
Main Message Board / Re: ? Sudden overheating?
Last post by KWKloeber - Yesterday at 10:53:02 AM
Craig,

Quote from: Schulcb on Yesterday at 09:13:36 AMI'm not sure I understand what you mean by "remove the sender"?

Remove the temperature gauge sender from the thermostat cap. And use it to follow the troubleshooting steps I said in message #69.
Main Message Board / Re: Blocking stand question
Last post by KWKloeber - Yesterday at 10:34:11 AM
Yards just suck, don't they?
Theyre conserving their tall stands. Your business isn't "worth" one.

They're not totally useless if they're holding weight but it's not 'correct'  (JTSO.)
Main Message Board / Re: ? Sudden overheating?
Last post by Schulcb - Yesterday at 09:13:36 AM
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "remove the sender"?
Main Message Board / Blocking stand question
Last post by karista - Yesterday at 07:35:33 AM
Boat was hauled out a few days ago, I was not at the yard when hauled and blocked. Checked yesterday and the center stands look to be useless where they put them. I think they are misplaced and should be higher up, Yard says they are fine and don't want to move them. All the boat stands are on blacktop so pretty stable.
Any issues/concerns? Would you insist that they be moved?
Quote from: Whidbey Tyson on September 14, 2023, 07:23:49 AMIf anyone is still looking for a winter cover I have one new in the box I bought last year from Ship Shape Products. It is for an open transom, has a storage bag and 400' polyester line. I paid $2489.37 and have the invoice and instructional email with attachments. I did not purchase the optional sandbags.

Is Ship Shape Products who made the original blue, no frame, sandbanged cover?