Recent posts

Main Message Board / Re: Practical Sailor Video on ...
Last post by Ron Hill - May 26, 2024, 02:48:15 PM
Guys : The best way to treat your holding than is NO PAPER in to the head/holding tank!!!

I talked to the Japsco reps and they agree!! 

We put all used toilet tissue/paper in a zip lock bag and dispose of it with the garbage!!

A few thoughts
Main Message Board / Re: Epic sailing photos!!
Last post by Ron Hill - May 26, 2024, 02:37:07 PM
Alex : Nice photos!!   :clap
Main Message Board / Re: Looking for info fridge to...
Last post by Ron Hill - May 26, 2024, 02:32:39 PM
Guys : The Mk II has a Corian rather than a Formica counter top.

Depending on your lid, I was able to screw a brass cup holder in the underside of the teak above and have it catch (when open) the ring on the fridge lid - so it will stay open!!   :thumb:

A thought

Main Message Board / Cooler/refrig lid.
Last post by melp64 - May 26, 2024, 01:07:53 PM
I know this may seem weird but can someone send me a picture of a open cooler lid. I am getting ready to have my counters made but because my counters were so water logged and rotten I don't know how it goes back together. Do I make the countertop opening 1" bigger than the cooler opening that way it has something to close to and put a gasket on. A picture would be awesome
Main Message Board / Re: Epic sailing photos!!
Last post by waughoo - May 26, 2024, 12:54:47 PM
Gonna try again here now that it is Spring in the North.  This thread is meant for ALL to post great sailing photos.  I went sailing with a good friend of mine (each on our own boats) and he managed to catch some great shots of Belafonte under sail!!

Come on and post what you got!
Main Message Board / Re: interior paint/ fixing a b...
Last post by waughoo - May 26, 2024, 12:41:35 PM
Thanks Ken.  The lighting upgrades, even in my 90s boat, REALLY improve the user experience!!
Main Message Board / Re: Practical Sailor Video on ...
Last post by KWKloeber - May 26, 2024, 11:13:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6eMUqbB1Jg

Re: PS comment about facial tissues in the head. Buy a weighted teak or resin cube tissue box holder, spray-glue non-skid to the bottom, and use a roll of potty paper inside.

That was my normal go-to at home before I was shamed for wanting to re-engineer everything I put my hands on. :shock: 8)
Main Message Board / Re: ? Sudden overheating?
Last post by KWKloeber - May 26, 2024, 10:53:02 AM
Craig,

Quote from: Schulcb on May 26, 2024, 09:13:36 AMI'm not sure I understand what you mean by "remove the sender"?

Remove the temperature gauge sender from the thermostat cap. And use it to follow the troubleshooting steps I said in message #69.
Main Message Board / Re: Blocking stand question
Last post by KWKloeber - May 26, 2024, 10:34:11 AM
Yards just suck, don't they?
Theyre conserving their tall stands. Your business isn't "worth" one.

They're not totally useless if they're holding weight but it's not 'correct'  (JTSO.)