How much to pay for '88 C34?

Previous topic - Next topic

wilsonlb

I know, it depends on equipment, condition, etc.

I've looked at four 1988 C34's asking from $50-58K.  Yet Bucvalu.com tells me the relevant range is $40-44K.  On the boat I'm most interested in there is a 6 month old survey indicating an estimated market value of $52.5K.  They are all FL boats.

I think I can get the one I want for $46-47K.  Would I be paying too much?

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Paul

I hope not.  Just got an '87 model in Jan for $45k. New main sail, dodger, canvas all over the place, wood in excellent shape, new bottom paint as part of the sale.  Seems to be in very good condition and I'm enjoying it vs. the 25 I use to have. Only thing that needs work is some corrosion on the boom and I added a Truecharge 40 battery charger. I want to add a refridge but think I need to insulate the ice box first.

Paul

Stu Jackson

Paul

You wrote: "I want to add a refridge but think I need to insulate the ice box first."

Do the A/B first, you can always find time to insulate later, unless you enjoy lugging ice around.

Stu
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."