Dometic Fridge Advice

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy Gold

The control module on the compressor is shot. I was told a new one was $600.00 but a whole new compressor unit was only $900.00.   Has anyone found a suitable replacement for these units or can recommend where to source parts for these units.

MK 1.5
1992 Cal 34 MK 1.5.   #1202
Universal 35 BC

awesome34

Mine failed about a year ago.  I found a control module online for around $90, but my compressor was shot, so I replaced the whole cold machine which was around $1100 and added up to $2000 something once you added paying someone to install it.  I bought a control module first and attempted to replace it myself, but it did not solve the issue, so I can't verify the source.  See if you can find a model number on your controller.  You can search for "101n0210 danfoss" which I think was the one mine had, but it was discontinued and I think you would have to try a later model which may be the "101n0212" but I am not 100% sure. 

Anyway, I hope that helps. 

-Eric

Stu Jackson

Quote from: Buddy Gold on July 29, 2023, 10:56:44 AM
The control module on the compressor is shot.

Fridge Follies 101 - to prove that Richard is right and that 99% of fridge issues are electrical & includes electronic module resource

http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,3044.0.html
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

scgunner

Buddy,

You can replace the control module which may solve the problem but the whole refrigeration unit is 30 years old, how long before the next 30 year old part fails? A few years ago my refrigeration unit failed, after 30+ years of faithful service I said "thank you for your service" and replaced the entire unit. For a brand new refrigeration system I didn't find it that expensive and since I replaced it with the same unit the installation was fairly straightforward since it's basically a remove and replace. Plus the system comes precharged so it doesn't even require an A/C tech to activate the unit.
Kevin Quistberg                                                 Top Gun 1987 Mk 1 Hull #273