Mainsail cover / Canvas repairs

Previous topic - Next topic

KWKloeber

Hey
I occasionally see owners asking about local canvas people.
I am passing along that a C-30 member, Ward Hutton, started doing custom new mains'l covers and repairs

The info is here if anyone is interested...

https://groups.io/g/Catalina30/message/112537
https://groups.io/g/Catalina30/wiki/34416

Contact Ward Hutton
Sundogsailingc30@gmail.com

Cheers,
Ken

PS: I don't have any association w/ this except that Ward is one of our good association members!
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Ron Hill

Guys : I'm sure that Kens canvas guy will do a C34 mainsail cover - just give him the length of your boom.  Almost ANY canvas shop will make you a M S Cover

A thought

Ron, Apache #788

KWKloeber

Quote from: Ron Hill on July 31, 2023, 03:33:39 PM
Guys : I'm sure that Kens canvas guy will do a C34 mainsail cover - just give him the length of your boom.  Almost ANY canvas shop will make you a M S Cover

A thought

Yes Ward does 34s.
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Ron Hill

Guys : You might want to look at Sailrite.

If you know someone with a heavy duty sewing machine - making a mainsail cover is an easy task.  You can use the old one for a pattern !!

A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788

Ron Hill

Guys : Infact I've used a Pfaff regular sewing machine to repair sails and canvas.  You just have to hand sew when you get seams that have over 2 layers of material.  Did that for many years until I got a Sailrite walking foot zig zag machine!!

A thought
Ron, Apache #788