I got great news today...

Previous topic - Next topic

efhughes3

...I was told we're going sailing this Saturday!  :clap

It may not sound like that big a deal, but Saturday is pretty much the first time I'll be home in about 14 days, and only for one at that, as I fly out again first thing Sunday. Work is ludicrous right now, but then again, I'd say life is good. Can't wait to get home Friday night!
Ed Hughes
La Vie Dansante-1988 C34 Hull 578
SDYC

Kevin Henderson

:clap :clap
Whoo Whoo!!   Congratulations Ed!! 
I know the feeling about traveling and having some sailing time.  You picked a great weekend to come back.  It's been kinda snotty here in SD the past couple weekends.
See you out there this weekend :abd:

Ill be the one with the spiffy new Genny  8)
The sail, the play of its pulse so like our own lives: so thin and yet so full of life, so noiseless when it labors hardest, so noisy and impatient when least effective.
~Henry David Thoreau

efhughes3

:thumb: I'll probably have the delirious smile on my face!

Quote from: Kevin Henderson on April 24, 2012, 09:07:16 PM
:clap :clap
Whoo Whoo!!   Congratulations Ed!! 
I know the feeling about traveling and having some sailing time.  You picked a great weekend to come back.  It's been kinda snotty here in SD the past couple weekends.
See you out there this weekend :abd:

Ill be the one with the spiffy new Genny  8)
Ed Hughes
SDYC

Ralph Masters

Good deal Ed, Ciao Bella will be out and about Saturday as well.

Ralph
Ralph Masters
Ciao Bella
San Diego
Hull 367, 1987

bayates

Supposed to be a great weekend here.  Will be out on the bay on Saturday and I head out of the country on Monday AM.   With all the 34 owners here in San Diego we should have our own Rendevous.
Brian & Pat Yates
Hakuna Matata
2000 MKII #1517
San Diego, CA

Mike and Joanne Stimmler

OK, you guys are really making me jealous! I miss my boat. :cry4`
Mike and Joanne Stimmler
Former owner of Calerpitter
'89 Tall Rig Fin keel #940
San Diego/Mission Bay
mjstimmler@cox.net

efhughes3

A San Diego "fleet" rendezvous is a great idea-Summer's close!
Ed Hughes
SDYC

Ralph Masters

Where and when is all we need Ed.  I'm in Pier 32 in National City and so is another fine sailor.  We can be up to north bay in an hour if need be.

Ralph Andn Ann Marie
Ciao Bella
Ralph Masters
Ciao Bella
San Diego
Hull 367, 1987

efhughes3

With my biz travel, I'm probably looking to late June or July. Maybe we can meet up in Glorietta Bay or La Playa? We'll have to work something out....I hope to have some more time to focus on life in May.  :thumb:
Ed Hughes
SDYC

Ron Hill

Sorry Guys : I'm leaving the dock on Thursday for 6 weeks on the Chesapeake!!  
It's the 25th season I've put the boat in the water!!  Original hull, boom and mast - otherwise most all other items have been replaced.  

Have a great week end sail.  Plan to be back in home port on or about mid June!!    :clap
Ron, Apache #788

waterdog

Envious.   I think I have dreamed of sailing the Chesapeake since I read Michener's book when I was a kid.   Visions of skipjacks dragging for oysters.

Steve Dolling
Former 1988 #804, BlackDragon - Vancouver BC
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat

Ralph Masters

Ron,
You must be retired.  Some of us are still doing the 7:30 - 4:00 gig M - F .  Have a great time out there and be safe.
As a side note, this past week end I just put in the new Force 10 two burner propane stove.  (Part of the reason I'm still doing that 7:30 - 4:00 thing, still have toys to buy.)  Replaced the old pressure alchol stove.

Ralph and Ann Marie
Ciao Bella
Ralph Masters
Ciao Bella
San Diego
Hull 367, 1987