Need help finding a message about snap davits

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Jenks

In the last month or so I saw a message with pictures about mounting Weaver Snap Davits to a C34 and an inflatable dingy. I can not find the post. One of the pictures showed the dingy with the davit parts glued to it. One of the parts had been glued in the wrong place and removed and re-glued. The poster did not use the standard davit but one with an extension or a lift. I have tried the search function and did not find the message I was looking for.

Does anybody remember the message or who posted it?

Thanks for the help.
Bill Jenks
Treasurer C34IA
Unzipped  Catalina 34 #1484
BOB San Juan 21 #19
Tacoma WA

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

reedbr

I've got Weavers on a 8' hard dink, but if I remember right, the Weaver setup for inflatables is reversed.  The hook is on the boat and the loop is on the dinghy.  Stu's link shows pictures of my MkII setup, but it doesn't sound like what you are looking for.
Brian Reed
1997 C34 mkII "Ambitious"
St. Mary's River, MD

Bill Jenks

You are right. The Weaver davits for inflatables are reversed.

I did some more looking and I found the post I was looking for. Turns out it was written up in the tech section of the Mainsheet in the C380 / C390 section. Hopefully it will work well on the C34.

If I decide to do it I will take some pics and write an article about it.

Thanks for your help.
Bill Jenks
Treasurer C34IA
Unzipped  Catalina 34 #1484
BOB San Juan 21 #19
Tacoma WA