Anacortes Fleet Cruising Section.

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray & Sandy Erps

Would there be any interest among the Anacortes Washington bunch to see if we could get a separate message board section just to post cruising anouncements?  It wouldn't be of any interest to the C-34 general population, but I wouldn't mind checking a smaller message board section regularly to find out if anyone is going out to the San Juans for the weekend or something like that.  It might catch the eye of other Catalina models in the same area and turn out to be a lot of fun.  I check the CAPS website now and then, but most of their get togethers are too far south for me just for a weekend and they don't have that many either.
Ray & Sandy Erps,
'83, 41 Fraser "Nikko"
La Conner WA

Ron Hill

Ray : Why not contact Stu Jackson and form a C34 fleet.  Then all of the local C34s can stay in contact with each other.   :wink:
Ron, Apache #788

captran

Ray,
Seems like there was a post on this a while back and I thought it was about 500 to start a new fleet. An alternative might be to gather up e mails of everyone in the area or use the private message format.  I'm pretty much a mid June to mid August user, as I'll likely put Voyager on the hard during school months.  Even with the yard utility fee I'm only paying 185 a month which seems like a great deal that I couldn't find if I were to stay in the water.
Randy Thies
Voyager  1997 #1345
was Florida, now Anacortes Wa

Gene Regan

:thumb:  :D  
Good Morning Ray,
  I can help you with all that is necessary in starting a fleet in you area.
 We can even set you and you new fleet up with its own section here on  the board . I did it here in New Jersey and the first year we had 16 boats come in with us and we still have more to sign up.
  It was easy to do, does not take much time and is a lot of fun as well .
Give me a shout 609-561-6687 evenings and 609-272-0400 at the office and cell is 609-417-3262 or we can email if you want. The board is also capable of having a chat session also and never having used it I would be happy to try.
Thanks

Jack Hutteball

I am interested in doing something to keep in touch with the Anacortes group so we can possibly get together when cruising for a few days. I am open to pretty much anything, even a fleet if it will be easy to do.

By the way captran, I just moved out of a slip in Skyline, 38' x 16 for $250/month.  I think is still open if you are interested.  We bit the bullet and purchased a slip to build up a little equity.  I noted you are now out of the yard in Skyline.

I am currently in Newport RI testing the winter here.  I sure feel for all you sailors here that have your boats on the hard.  It is colder here than we are used to.  I feel blessed that we can keep our boats ready to go and actually use them in the winter.  Enjoying seeing your beautiful sailing country here.  Will definitely have to get back here in the summer to get out on the water.

Jack
Jack and Ruth Hutteball
Mariah lll, #1555, 2001
Anacortes, Washington

Gene Regan

:clap  :thumb:
Hi Jack,
   Thats good news , I just received an email from Ray and I will be sending him all the info necessary to get started. If you send me your email address I will send it to you as well. Remember its easy and fun to get it going and the rewards are great. I've met the best people trying to get fleet 3 started and they all helped. Keep smiling.

Ray & Sandy Erps

Gene,

I got the material via email.  Thanks.  Looks like it's worth looking into.  I also noticed that there are two other message boards on the C-34 website that might allow local crusing posts, the "special events" section and the "announcements" section.  That might be an area to start the ball rolling with the facilitator's approval, but it might take a little training to get the local folks to check that area of the message board.  

Jack, I'll forward Gene's email your way so you can take a look.
Ray & Sandy Erps,
'83, 41 Fraser "Nikko"
La Conner WA

captran

we are in the big building having the fiberglass work done.  Not sure how long that will take.  Am also waiting for a call from NW rigging.  They tested the standing rigging.  No problems found but am thinking about having the rigging done, as the boat is almost 8 years old, the mast and rigging is off now, so no added expense there.  I'll have to check on slip availability after it is re rigged and am done with the work.  Since the bottom will be done with new bottom paint, that might be worth the extra 100 a month to be in the water and ready to go when summer comes.  I am coaching basketball for the next 6 weeks, and then some field events after that, so I likely can't get much extra time off except spring break.  For the long term, since I don't get over much, I'll likely do what I used to re storage on the hard during the school year.  (unless I hit the lotto!)

Randy
Randy Thies
Voyager  1997 #1345
was Florida, now Anacortes Wa

Jack Hutteball

Randy,
I will keep my eyes open for a slip in Skyline if you are interested.  The owner I was renting from was OK with month to month.  I generally found moorage for the summer there when we had our 27 footer.  A little easier as there are more narrow slips.  As you are aware it is very handy to jump across to the islands.  Last month there were about three empty slips on B and C docks.  We are down on F45.
Jack
Jack and Ruth Hutteball
Mariah lll, #1555, 2001
Anacortes, Washington

Jack Hutteball

Gene,Ray,
My e-mail address is jhutteball@seanet.com.  I am currently enjoying the snow in Newport RI and it will be a while before I get home, but I am checking the board and my e-mail regularly.
Jack
Jack and Ruth Hutteball
Mariah lll, #1555, 2001
Anacortes, Washington

Gene Regan

:thumb:  :clap  :D
Ata Guy Jack,
I will email you fleet info this evening. Thanks for getting involved.Keep Smiling and enjoy the show.

Ray & Sandy Erps

Phil, the webmaster, has created a new forum for the future Anacortes Fleet.  It's under the menu option of "forums" and then under the sub-menu "fleet forums".  I had a hard time finding it at first because I think my web browser was set up so that it was reading the stored webpage off my hard drive rather than looking to see if the page has been updated each time.  If you don't see it, try hitting the refresh key with Explorer, or reload key with Mozilla Firefox.

Anyway, for the Anacortes area sailors, at least one C-34 will probably be going over to James Island this coming weekend.  More details in the Anacortes Fleet section if anyone is interested.
Ray & Sandy Erps,
'83, 41 Fraser "Nikko"
La Conner WA

Randy and Mary Davison

Ray,

Thanks for taking the lead on this.  I'm for a fairly informal arrangement, not being a joiner by nature.  Over the years, the ham radio nets have been a great way to meet up without the overhead of a club.  

The forum idea is similar.  I'll check it out.  We're in Bend, OR skiing so won't be on the boat this weekend.
Randy Davison
Gorbash
MK1 #1268
k7voe

Jack Hutteball

Hi Ray,
As noted in my e-mail we are still hanging out in DC with the grand kids and enjoying the snow.  Had a nice few days up in Mystic, Connecticut and Newport Rhode Island.  I will check out the forum you mentioned.
Jack
Jack and Ruth Hutteball
Mariah lll, #1555, 2001
Anacortes, Washington

bmorris

Hello Everyone:

I've just purchased an '87 Cat 34 and am looking forward to doing some serious cruising as soon as I get it in the water.  Could a Canadian, up here in the "Great White North" catch up with you from time to time?
Notice some interest in heading to Desolation Sound.  I've spent many a warm Summer up there and would look forward to joining in.