Hood upgrade furler price break ?????

Previous topic - Next topic

Gene Regan

Hello All,

I need everyone who has the 915ld to respond on this one.
I am presently trying to secure dicsount pricing for the unit upgrade. I need to know how many potential upgrade kits would be wanted so I can better secure discount pricing from Pomponette.
  The upgrade takes the 915ld and replaces it with the new unit to make it go from continuous line to single lie. The upgrade lists for 699. I am attempting to get better pricing so your response is helpful.

The Pomponette people will be getting back to me soon so please respond. I know of 3 boats including mine that are definetly interested.

Thanks Everyone

Philip Imhof

I went looking for an upgrade to a single line unit. At the time, I was told they could do it for $500.

Jim Price

It's everyone for themselves :twisted: it seems .  I got mine in June this year and received single line drive head with 100' of cored (first 30') line for drive.  Line was too long so I cut off excess after I "fitted" to my head sail.  Spent about $750 for new drive and line with old unit returned to Pomponett ($10 shipping via UPS).  Guess price depends on how they feel that day.
Jim Price
"LADY DI", 1119
Lake Lanier, GA

Gene Regan

:D

Thanks for the reply, lets get some more input. Phil 500 sounds great are you sure is a 915 replacement . The next size down is that much $$
Thanks

Jeff Tancock

I might be interested, although my LD still works fine. I just never attempt to reef the head sail.
Jeff Tancock
Stray Cat #630
Victoria, BC
Canada
1988 25xp

Ed Shankle

I'd be interested, include me in the count.

thanks,
Ed
Ed Shankle
Tail Wind #866 1989 m25xp
Salem, MA

Gene Regan

:D   :D  :D  :D
Hello Everyone

The response is good but I believe we can do better, keep it coming.
I will be speaking to Mike Haber at Pomponette on monday about pricing. It would be great to tell him we have 20 or so folks interested. Right now we have 5 . So keep it coming

Marshall Tonner

My line drive works OK, but I'd be willing to upgrade if the price is right. How much of the furling system actually gets replaced?
Holland Marsh    Hull #899   Cormarant II

Ken Juul

I am a definite maybe.  As Marshal said, it depends on the price.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Gene Regan

HELLO ALL

REPLACEMENT IS DRUM AND LOWER EXTRUSION ONLY. A PICTURE OF IT IS AVAILABLE ON POMPANETTE'S SITE. WWW.POMPANETTE.COM. ITS SIMPLE TO INSTALL . DID ONE ON SLIP MATES BOAT , 2 GUYS 2 HOURS AND DONE. NO MORE LINE SLIPPING, NO LINE ON DECK AND EASIER MECHANICALLY TO USE UNDER A LOAD. WORTH THE EFFORT TO DO.
I'LL KEEP YOU POSTED. IN THE MEAN TIME TALK IT UP AND LETS SEE HOW MANY MORE WE CAN GET, THE MORE UNITS THE BETTER THE PRICE SHOULD BE THE MINDSET. MIKE HABER WILL BE CALLING ME ON MONDAY TO FURTHER DISCUSS PRICING.

Tom Glennon

I'm interested in the conversion to single line too! :D
Tom Glennon, Slow Dance #354, 1987, Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts

Ron Hill

Instead of purchasing a "cored line" from Hood I bought 70' of 3/8" polyester(Dacron).  The 3/8" line is easy to grip and it's worked fine in the drum (single line) just fine for the last 9 years.  I have a 150% genoa.
Ron, Apache #788

Ron Hill

PS : Don't forget to purchase the Garhauer stanchion blocks, so you can route the furling line on the OUTSIDE of the stanchions. :wink:
Ron, Apache #788

ajvh

La Mouette
'87 Annapolis

Gene Regan

:D  :D  :D
Hello Everyone,
 Well here it is.  Pompanette is willing to sell our members the upgrade for 598.00 . This at 100.00 less than the advertised price is according to them, the lowest price they can offer.
 To order you have to email Hope at Pompanette.com and tell her you want to take advantage of the c34IA promotiom price on this upgrade.
 The offer is good until December 31st 2004. So for those of you who wish to do so , I say good luck with the install. I'm sure you will enjoy the ease of handling it affords you. I'll be ordering mine this week.
Thanks for the response and keep letting others you know of about the offer.