Stoage under nav station

Previous topic - Next topic

cmainprize

In our never ending quest to improve storage and stop stuff from ending up on the cabin floor I was inspired by a previous post where a member built drawers under his nav station.  Behind the door is a shelf in the middle.  The new built in cabinet makes the cushions a tight fit because they do extend under the desk slightly but they still fit.  The door size is 15 x 20 purchased from the discount pile at WM and the teak trim is from my hatch boards that I cut up. Made new hatch boards from PVC lumber ( great stuff to work with).  I still need to add a piece of trim to the bottom at the front so you can't see the little section of the old floor that was under the nav station.  Not a big deal just, just being picky.
Cory Mainnprize
Mystic
Hull # 1344
M35
Midland Ontario

patrice

Nice work, and look good.
Look like if it was original.
1989 MKI #970
TR, WK, M25XP
   _/)  Free Spirit
~~~~~~

Indian Falls

Nice job. 
What did you use on the side facing forward? 
Does it go all the way from the floor to the bottom of the nav station? 
How did  you contour it to fit the curved surface to port?
Please post a pic of your new composite hatch boards.

I might do the same thing.  No one actually sits at the nav station like that any more what with today's GPS, chartplotters, etc... do they?

Dan & Dar
s/v Resolution, 1990 C34 997
We have enough youth: how about a fountain of "smart"?

Fred Koehlmann

Cory, looks good. Did you move the switches and breakers as well, or did you leave them and just open the cabinet to get to them?
Frederick Koehlmann: Dolphina - C425 #3, Midland, ON
PO: C34 #1602, M35BC engine

cmainprize

Hey Fred, the only switch I had under the desk was for the windlass.  The forward panel (not shown in pic) stops about for inches from the settee back, the same thickness as the cushion back.  So I can reach in and get to the windlass breaker and it also created a perfect little opening for a folded chart.  Did not plan that but it worked out great.  I will take a pic from forward of the station and post. 
Cory Mainnprize
Mystic
Hull # 1344
M35
Midland Ontario