Ignition

Previous topic - Next topic

yonar

I need to replace my ignition switch on engine control panel 1989 C34. Current ignition switch you turn clockwise for on, and further clockwise spring loaded turn for glow plugs. I have a separate button for start.
Does anyone know the manufacturer and the model number etc. for this ignition switch?
Turk Yonar
1989 C34 Hull # 858
Tradewinds
Long Beach, CA

Stu Jackson

You should be able to buy one of these from any auto parts store.  Thi is not a "boatspecific" piece of gear.  You could also use Defender or WM online sources, but they'd be more expensive.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

Turk : As Stu said, go to any auto parts store and get a 3 position key switch.  Then you can wire it up so you have OFF, ON & Spring loaded glow plugs.
If the casing around the contact mechanism has a weep hole make sure that the hole is mounted facing down. 

You might also look in the marine catalogs and buy a screw on rubber boot for the outside of the key switch to keep the water out. 

A few thoughts

Ron, Apache #788

yonar

Thank you both very much.
Turk Yonar
1989 C34 Hull # 858
Tradewinds
Long Beach, CA

Bobg

my local marina store had one for about 18 dollars
Bob Gatz, 1988 catalina 34, Hull#818, "Ghostrider" sail lake superior Apostle Islands