Raw Water Pump Gasket

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin Henderson

Performed a little gasket check exercise this weekend.  I first went with the original (thick) gasket material that I started with this topic.  Sure enough.. just like Ron said... It would not prime and I quickly shut down to preserve the impeller.  I then went to a regular grocery bag from the store.  This too was too thick and would not prime.  I then went to the small paper bag I got from WM.  This one really seemed kind of flimsy and thin but I cut the gasket and slipped it in and it primed right away.  BUT... it did not seal and I had a fair amount of water to clean up.  I then went to a standard paper bag from WM.  This one seemed especially close to the thickness of the gasket supplied with the impeller.  I cut the material and tried again.  This time the pump primed right up and no leakage.  And to think I was just about to spend $3.00 each from Catalina Direct for some new spare gaskets.   :abd:
The sail, the play of its pulse so like our own lives: so thin and yet so full of life, so noiseless when it labors hardest, so noisy and impatient when least effective.
~Henry David Thoreau