Cruising Items for Sale - Sad day, sold the boat

Previous topic - Next topic

C Martinson

Unfortunately I had to sell my boat the the new owner wasn't interested in any of the cruising items at a steeply discounted price.  It will be awhile before I get another sailboat and would like to sell the items.  They range from an inflatable and outboard, Garhauer outboard lifting crane, Handheld GPS, folding bikes, safety items, low stretch halyard, extra dock lines etc.  I have never been successful in attaching items so I can email anyone interested a list with corresponding pictures.

If interested, please email me and I will send the list and picture.

cnmartinson@comcast.net

I will miss my boat and the support of this website.....it has been a very positive experience that enhanced my sailing.

Chris Martinson

Ted Pounds

Hi Chris,
It is a sad day.   :cry4`  I feel your pain; I sold Molly Rose 4 years ago to pay for my daughter, Molly's college.  I'm surprised the new owner didn't take all the gear.  :?:  Meanwhile you don't have to miss the folks on this site.  It's four years later and I'm still hanging around here.  It's a great bunch of people.  :thumb:  Eventually I'll be back in a Catalina, maybe even a 34.  Meanwhile I have a little 19' day-sailor that keeps me occupied...
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447

C Martinson

Ted:

Thank you.....not a bad idea.....the economy and the first of 3 in college did me in. The buyer will regret it when he starts outfitting the boat.

Chris Martinson

Stu Jackson

Chris & Ted, you folks are great and thanks for your contributions, boat or no boat.  As I've reported in my Secretary's reports in Mainsheet magazine, we have many folks who have their own second C34s! :clap  I just spent a weekend with Bob & Susan Engelhart, who had #251 - or something of that vintage and now have a Mark II.  John Nixon is on HIS and Rita's second Mark I, and their second boat is OLDER than their first!  Go figure.

Just remember,  it IS doable.  The college deal should be for four years and then YOU'RE "free, free, thank G-d, free at last!"

Stick around, and thanks for the kind thoughts.

PS --- We're keeping Aquavite #224, 1986, etc. (and I'm stickin' to it! :D :D :D).
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ken Juul

Don't forget that we have forum in the Market place for items like this.  If you have the items listed in a word doc you can attach using the additional options pull down.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA