Communications...cell phones..E-mail

Previous topic - Next topic

summerbreeze

Finally ready to make the trip from New Jersey to Florida and hopefully the Bahamas but at leadt Key West.
We need communications...cell phone company with good reception, reasonable east coast calling..need ideas?? Also how to get E-Mail
Thanks for any help...my wife has to be in contact with family

Ken

Paul Woo

I use Alltel service which has extensive coverage in the Carolinas and south.  The reception is not always great but there are no roaming charges in the plan we have.  I also have SPINT PCS but avoid using it on the coast because of roaming fees.

Aquakon

You might want to price this stuff.  I'm not a user, personally, as 1) the cellphone pricing plans in SoCal are so cheap, 2) CA coastal cruising covers such an extensive area [for instance, we get service from Lat 32.3N all the way up to about 36.4N, perhaps even higher, all for one price, pluse free eves & weekends, and, depending on what part of the coast you're off of, out to about 25NM from shore] 3)We rarely venture out past 25NM from shore.

But from what I've gathered, for those here on the west coast that head out for state #51, Side band is a MUST HAVE, as its transmitting range is offshore-worthy.  So, you might want to at least look into it.

Thought Adjust

Aquakon
ALWAYS FORGIVE BUT NEVER FORGET 09-11-01

Rumours of my Death Persist