Refitting Polonaise

Previous topic - Next topic

LogoFreak

I can't wait to start adding more things the cerbo can monitor and display, going to be looking at which are the best type of tank senders. I want a sender for each of my tanks (water, fuel, holding tank). Was also thinking last night that since the cerbo has the ability to start a generator with its way of controlling relays, I could technically have it start my inboard diesel. Will have to think that thru though.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
1992 Catalina 34 Tall rig fin keel mk 1.5 "Polonaise"
Hull number 1179

waughoo

I ended up getting KUS senders for all my tanks (with the exception of the diesel).  I plan to connect them to the N2k network via a yacht devices multi tank adapter.  With some programming and calibrating you can get it to read gallons remaing etc.  I will prob not get them installed for a while yet, but I have them!  I had thought to do that via the cerbo, but liked the idea that I could view from the i70 at the nav station or up at the helm.  The new plotters like you have can see the cerbo data on the plotter screens.  I still have the e127 running on LHII.

https://www.yachtd.com/products/tank_adapter_04.html
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

LogoFreak

With the cerbo on my Raymarine network I'll still be able to display tank level data on any of the Raymarine mfd's.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

LogoFreak

Cockpit table back on, had a new pedestal guard made. A two piece design with the table brackets welded on instead of screwed on, much sturdier. Very happy with it.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

LogoFreak

Working on the gauge pod above the companion way now.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

waughoo

Are the gauge pods going to be a fiberglass part and thus the foam is the plug?  Super interested in that design.  I would love to have some i70s in that same spot.

Also, very much like your binnacle guard FEET!!  The ones sold by others basically collect water and FEED it into the boat :-(  I have a bunch of sealant where the tube meets the foot, but as a part that flexes and moves, I suspect that sealant won't last long.

Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

LogoFreak

Yes Alex, the gauge pod is currently a foam plug for the fiberglass part, I'm not very proficient at it so takes me some time to get it right. Having said that, if you're interested I could possibly spend a little extra time on the plug so that I could last for a short limited production run. No promises, I have very little free time lol.

Yes the feet on the new guard was intentional! Filled the holes with epoxy as I didn't want any wires being fed thru there, it was a major source of water leaking into my aft cabin bed! 0 leaks now and the new guard works great, 0 raddles and feels super sturdy
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

waughoo

Nice man!!!  My boat had a TON of aft cabin leaks and many where at my pedestal guard.  Its dry now though!  Hopefully it lasts.  I still have wires routed in there as I have all my instruments mouted in pods at the guard.

I am interested in the pod "plug" but don't do anything extra for me.  I know how long boat projects take!  If the plug survives your part production clean enough to make another one, I am certainly interested!
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

Stu Jackson

Quote from: waughoo on May 07, 2022, 10:16:07 PM
Nice man!!!  My boat had a TON of aft cabin leaks and many where at my pedestal guard.  Its dry now though!  ....................

Of course it will last...you do good work:D.

Just as a reminder to others, many aft cabin leaks can be traced back to the Beckson cockpit portlights, especially the aft one.  Happened to Jeff Tancock, who showed me his, and the same for me.  In lieu of removing the portlight (which I'd done for four or so of the other ones on the cabin), I removed and replaced the trim ring, while re-sealing the light itself before installing the new trim ring. 

It's not always the binnacle or pedestal or guard, although they are "the usual suspects" first.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

LogoFreak

New sails bent on, planning on a couple of day sails this weekend 😁
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

waughoo

Love it!!  I always forget you have that roller main.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

LogoFreak

Small job, big reward. Pulpit re-bedded and now permanently bolted down, all I have left is to wire the lights in down below and I can call that job completed. Lifelines are back on where they belong too, safer and cleaner.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

waughoo

Love the choice of scocket head cap screws.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

LogoFreak

I bought 300 of them 🤣, polished the ones I used for the stanchions and pulpit/pushpit.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

LogoFreak

Furler all setup this morning, getting the boat ready for a test sail on Monday 😁
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179