Join the C34 Association Today!
[C34 Home] [C34Tech Notes] [C34 Tech Wiki] [Join!]
Please login or register.
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which Exhaust Riser to order from CD?  (Read 502 times)

captran

• Forum - Petty Officer 1st Class
    • View Profile
Re: Which Exhaust Riser to order from CD?
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2020, 02:59:49 PM »

Thanks Ron.  You would think there would be more consistency within models.  Oh well, so far, so good on mine.  I do smell maybe a little faint smell when I open up the engine but have not yet poked around  to get a better look.  Maybe in a few days after I finish the more pressing issues.  So far, just did the racor primary filer  R-15S and the transmission fluid change and ran the motor for about an hour total.
Randy Thies
Voyager  1997 #1345
was Florida, now Anacortes Wa

Frasse Pelle

• Forum - Seaman Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2020, 12:22:51 PM »

Ah... nothing easy. I removed the muffler riser today and it looks like I got a 3 pieces nipple'd riser similar to CD part #Z3055 (see picture). But, I do measure the extension closer to 3 inch. So, should I go with Z3055 with 3.5inch extension or Z4491 with 2.5inch extension? Or it really doesn't matter and both will work?

please post or send me a message re which riser you get and why, as I have a 97.  also, did you have to replace the exhaust flange?  and how long for various things.  think I'll have to have mine done, as I can do basic stuff but this seems over my head.  thanks.

Hi Mark (Captran), I got the Z4491 with 2.5inch extension. Did the installation this morning without issues. I did change the flane as well.
Now moving my attention to the heat exchanger re-install. Always something.

Ron Hill

• Forum - Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2020, 04:45:32 PM »

Francois : When you reinstall the HX just make sure that there isn't so much insolation that it presses against the exhaust riser.

A thought
Ron, Apache #788
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up