Emergency Battery Q. That will probably get me in trouble.

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu Jackson

An alternative theory:

A reserve battery that is an automobile battery is admittedly less expensive and can be replaced by almost any source:  AutoZone, Napa, PepBoys, etc., whereas I buy my deep cycles from American or US Battery (admittedly not as true deep cycle as golf carts).

A reserve battery is used to start an engine if the house bank fails, and, as I have written many, many times, to support LIMITED house loads until the house bank can be repair/replaced.

What this means to me is that

----  you CAN run your fridge and anything else with just the reserve bank as long as you run your engine just like your car

----  you must be judicious when your engine is NOT running as to the house loads you choose to run;  turn off the fridge, but run instruments

Once the engine is running, the system doesn't really care much what kind of battery you have in the middle.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Stucker

Quote from: Paulus on April 01, 2017, 02:02:17 PM
I put in the T 125 Trojan batteries and the T 105 are the same height.  Thought the T 145 were to tall.  Might check the height of these.
Paul

There was plenty of space in my Mk II for the T 145's. They are less than an inch taller than the T 125's.
Scott Tucker
2003 C34 MK II
Hull #1654
Toronto/1000 Islands