bubbling on the top of vented loop

Previous topic - Next topic

simdim

Folks,
I had noticed that every time the head is flushed there are bubbling on the vented loop in the hanging locker. Does that mean that line is obstructed or it is just a failure of a valve?

Cheers,

Simon

waterdog

Simon,

I assume this is a vented loop on the intake.    If the vent is positioned between the intake thru hull and the head, you have a problem.   The hose there would have suction and it will suck a lot of air through the vent with any water it gets.  It will make a lot of noise.       

If the vented loop is between pump base and the bowl, it is in the correct position.   If it is making a bubbing noise here, you want unscrew the top, check the little rubber fitting and make sure everything is clean and functioning properly.    Is water coming out the top of the loop?   

Steve Dolling
Former 1988 #804, BlackDragon - Vancouver BC
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat

simdim

Steve,
This vent is between head pump and holding tank. I just want to make sure that there would not be a material hitting the fan if I unscrew the vent.

Cheers,

Simon

Stu Jackson

Unscrew the vent, take care to notice which position the little rubber stopper thingie is in, clean it and replace it.  While you're at it, check the other vented loops, which may be between the your head pump and bowl, and the two others:  on the water line inlet to the exhaust riser and the shower sump to the diaphragm pump.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

TonyP

Simon
I would say no as the loop is higher than the tank. Though to be sure, empty the tank first then check the valve and clean it.
I cant say I have ever heard it on our boat.
Tony
Tony Plunkett
C34 Moonshadow
1992  Hull#1174
Pittwater / Newport
NSW Australia

Ron Hill

Simon : As Stu said you have a problem with the valve in the vented loop.  I believe that you can get a new valve from Forspar!?!
Ron, Apache #788

lazybone

It probably just has a bit of ...."food" lodged above the rubber valve.
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

Ron Hill

Simon : I might add that air is supposed to be sucked in so the syphon is broken.

You might also need to check the "out" hose on the way to the holding tank -- because to have "bubbling" coming from that valve indicates to me that the flow on the OUT hose side is probably restricted to almost clogged!!

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

simdim

Folks,
Thank you for all ideas. I took a top cap apart and cleaned the rubber valve. That did not fix the bubbling but made it worth.... next step to get new valve and see.

Cheers,

Simon