Portland Pudgy Dinghy/tender/lifeboat

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin Henderson

I went to a dinghy raftup yesterday afternoon.  The usual tiny boats were all gathered together including a couple SUP's and kayaks.  There was one boat however that definitely stuck out from the crowd.  This, I was to find out was a "Portland Pudgy".  The owner was quick to point out some characteristics of it and also noted the fact that it is a USCG approved life raft as well.  I had never seen or heard of this boat before and was quite smitten by it.   :wink:
It seems to me that it could make a wonderful dinghy and I may consider one in the future.  Has anyone else here had one with their C34 and what  are your experiences with them?  
I know I would certainly have to install davits.   :abd:

http://www.portlandpudgy.com/
The sail, the play of its pulse so like our own lives: so thin and yet so full of life, so noiseless when it labors hardest, so noisy and impatient when least effective.
~Henry David Thoreau

Steve Weiss

I've seen them for sale at Hamilton Marine right next to my marina in Portland. I thought about getting one but for my use I think it would be overkill, and they're kind of small and kind of heavy. Definitely seems like a cool little boat though. On "other forums" I have basically heard nothing but positive reviews from the few people that have one.