Fuel filter

Previous topic - Next topic

rappareems

Ron is right the Dahl has a replaceable element ... I intend to replace it with the "61-W Filter Element" which is the 10 micron filter.  Cost from Associated Diesel Inc. $14.92 on line.
Mark Cassidy
#232 1986
"Rapparee"
Lake Ontario

Les Luzar

This weekend I changed my fuel filters and cleaned the screen in the Facet electric fuel pump, which was pretty clean. I spoke with some of my mechanic boating friends and they said the same thing, that the Dahl does the same thing as the Racor, equally as good, so they all recommended that I should keep the Dahl is everything is working well. Although, I will replump the lines from the tank to the Dahl then to the fuel pump. Thanks for your confirmation of what I was already thinking. There are enough things for me to spend my boat bucks on!
Les Luzar
#355    1987
Windshadow
Long Beach, CA

rappareems

After some reading I am going with the 10 micron filter element... under $15 from Associated Diesel....

Mark
Mark Cassidy
#232 1986
"Rapparee"
Lake Ontario

Ralph Masters

Just as a reminder, fuel filters, such as the racor, should be mounted on the suction side of pumps.  The standard gauge that you can install on a racor filter is a vacuum gauge.  If a fule filter is under pressure and has a gasket fail it can spray atomized fuel onto hot surfaces and cause a fire/explosion hazard.  If they are under vacuum, as designed, and have a leak they will suck in air and the engine will die.

Your boat, your choice

Ralph
Ralph Masters
Ciao Bella
San Diego
Hull 367, 1987