Plastic deck fill covers

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike and Joanne Stimmler

Hi Ralph.
One other trick I learned about siphoning fuel is to use a rag and try to seal the hose where it goes into the gerry can and then just squeeze the sides of the gerry can and it will force the flow of fuel through the hose.

Mike
Mike and Joanne Stimmler
Former owner of Calerpitter
'89 Tall Rig Fin keel #940
San Diego/Mission Bay
mjstimmler@cox.net

Ralph Masters

Mike,
That sounds like a great idea, I will give that a go next time.  5 gallons of fuel lasts a LONG time, start the motor, motor out to the bay raise the sail shut off the engine, about 25 - 30 minutes run time, repeat coming back.  An hour each day tops, at .7 gallons per hour.  Not like that 23 foot center council with the twin 225's I used to have.

Ralph
Ralph Masters
Ciao Bella
San Diego
Hull 367, 1987

Stu Jackson

http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,3681.0.html

One of our Fleet 1 members sailed down the CA coast and thought the super siphon was, well, super... :clap
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ralph Masters

Stu,
Picked up a Super Siphon last night, and you are right, it is Super.  What a neat little idea.

Thanks,

Ralph
Ralph Masters
Ciao Bella
San Diego
Hull 367, 1987

scotty

Is there someplace where I can buy a stainless fuel cap that will just go on my existing (original) fuel deck fitting?
Scotty

Stu Jackson

Nope, darn it.

That's the whole point of all the swap outs.

If it was that simple... :cry4`
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Albreen

Super Siphon is a wonderful tool. And, for the homebrewers out there, it works great moving 5 gals of beer or wine between carboys too!  :D
Paul Leible
1987 C34 "ALBREEN", SR/FK, M25XP
Sailing Lake Champlain