Bigger 3 inch heat exchanger for older engines

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu Jackson

http://www.realitycheck.me/docs/Universal_service_bulletin_195_heat_exchanger.pdf

Note the 1992 date.

We removed our old 2 inch HX and installed the 3 inch model a few years ago.  Really helps.

As noted in Critical Upgrades, I strongly suggest putting chafe and vibration material between the HX and the bracket if you have the HX that clamps on with hose clamps.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

Guys : Like Stu said put a piece of rubber anti skid in that HX saddle. 

More important is to make sure that the is enough room for the 3 inch diameter(from 2" dia), because the cause of the M25XP hose clamps that hold the 3" HX in place is because there is too much insulation on the exhaust riser.  That riser presses against the HX - breaking the hose clamps! That's what is critical!    A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788

Stu Jackson

Ron's right.  I forgot to mention that I had the bracket bent down to make that clearance.  Had a yard guy do it.  It's in my earlier post about that work, lost in the mists of time... :D
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."