Crankcase Ventilation Hose - Universal 35B Engine

Previous topic - Next topic

Stewartn

Just noticed that after some major engine work last year, the crankcase ventilation hose was not reinstalled. That is the hose from the top of the valve cover with open end next to foam sleeve on air cleaner. Would like to to replace now to control odor, etc. Called Hansen Marine, regional Universal distributor. They do do not stock this part. Any suggestions on what hose to buy and bend appropriately.  I have read about going to a KN filter, etc., but not now. Thx to all.
Stewart Napoleon, Hull #1472, Desiree
Greenwich, CT

Stu Jackson

That hose is under no pressure.  I recently replaced mine with some water hose, it's 1/2.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Jim Hardesty

See    http://c34.org/bbs/index.php?topic=5650.0   It worked great for me.  BTW  I purchased crankcase vent hose from an auto parts store, but be carefull a lot of places will try to sell what they have on hand, water
heater hose or fuel hose.  It may work but the vent hose is better for its intended purpose.

Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA