ignition panel

Previous topic - Next topic

rappareems

I am going to be replacing the ignition panel this Spring before launch.  Any suggestions?

Mark
Mark Cassidy
#232 1986
"Rapparee"
Lake Ontario

Ken Juul

If you are replacing the whole panel, www.seawardproducts.com has replacment panels.  The one shown in the catalog has water temp guage and high temp alarm and oil pressure guage and alarm.  Quite an upgrade from the original.  Not sure if they have other options, might want to give them a call.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

SeaFever

Hi Mark,

I recently re-powered my Pearson 10M by replacing the A4 with the M25. Among other things I moved my Engine Control panel (I think that is what you mean by ignition panel) to the pedestal. Check out the attached before and after photos of my pedestal. I used the EnginePod EP162 and reused my gauges from the old engine panel. The EnginePod is used on some newer Catalinas. Ocean Equipment manufacture the EnginePod. Seward, mentioned by Ken in his post above, were contracted by Catalina to take the EnginePod and stuff it with gauges and do the custom job for the Catalinas. I did replace the ammeter with a voltmeter per the suggestions of many on this board. It is a bit of work but in the end you have a new panel and wiring that if done well can last you a long time.

Just FYI Ocean Equipment currently have the EP162 for clearance at $99 (just the enclosure, you use your own gauges). Check out - http://www.oceanequipment.com/Exclusive-Distributor/NavPod/default.aspx

If you are interested and if it helps others I can post some more info and pictures. I also fabricated a teak drink holder and fitted it below the compass on the pedestal.

Hope that helps and let me know if you would like me to post more information. Cheers.
Mahendra, Sea Fever, Pearson 10M, #43, Oakland, CA

rappareems

Ken,

Thanks the Seaward panel looks like exactly what I am looking for, and certainly a nice upgrade from the original, will call them tomorrow.

Mark
Mark Cassidy
#232 1986
"Rapparee"
Lake Ontario

SeaFever

Sorry Mark. Looks like you were talking about the Electrical panel and not the Engine Control Panel. Ken's information to you is right on.

I guess I was too excited on completing my project... :D
Mahendra, Sea Fever, Pearson 10M, #43, Oakland, CA

rappareems

Thanks guys, exchanged messages with Catalina and they gave me a contact name at Seaward to check with, will call when the sun comes up out in Cal.
Mark Cassidy
#232 1986
"Rapparee"
Lake Ontario