Looking for US source of Dri-Plug used on 88 MK I Autohelm

Previous topic - Next topic

pablosgirl

All,

I am looking for a US source for the Dri-Plug 2-pin connector used by my Autohelm on a 88 MK I.  I want an 2 prong male plug that I can attach a standard 12v accessory outlet to so I can power my q-beam and hand held GPS if I am not using the Autohelm.  The plug is already conveniently placed in the cockpit next to the wheel and I would avoid having to cut/drill another hole in the boat.  I think I can order from them directly using pay-pal (do they currency convert?), but that will be a long expensive shipping cost I would like to avoid.  Need to find someone in the US that bulk imports these connectors.

Thanks,

Paul #551
Paul & Cyndi Shields
1988 hull# 551 Tall Rig/Fin Keel
M25XP

Ken Heyman

I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for but you might start by giving Raytheon a call.

Ken
Ken Heyman
1988 c34 #535
"Wholesailor"
Chicago, Il

Ron Hill

Paul : I got a DRI-PLUG 2 (Made in UK) from West Marine a few years back. 
The package says Newmar on it.  Hope this helps in case West no longer stocks them.   :wink:
Ron, Apache #788

Stu Jackson

Paul, I know exactly what you're looking for and have used them on our boat.  I did not find them in West Marine or in Defender.  But I just did a Google search on "Dri-Plug 2-pin connector" and found a source in the UK (as well as a hit on your post!).

It appears that they are no longer available in the U.S. unless you contact the UK source directly and see.

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

Ron, Apache #788

Stu Jackson

I highlighted and then right clicked the phrase "dri-plug 2 pin connector" to go to a direct Google search and found this:  http://www.driplug.com/products.htm  If you do what I described, there are OTHER sources that Google finds, but this one takes PayPal from the UK.  If you can't find them here, why not order from the UK, or buy a different plug?  That Google search has 11 pages of hits, which I wasn't planning on going through. And Ron's right, too, try Newmar.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

pablosgirl

Hi Ron,

Here is the response I received from Newmar:

RE: looking for Dri-plug 2-prong connector (male)
Jim McShane [jmcshane@newmarpower.com]
Sent:    Thursday, September 10, 2009 3:55 PM
To:    
Paul Shields
Attachments:    

We discontinued them at least 8 years more or more.

Jim McShane

Sales Operation Manager

Tel: 714.619.3500 I 800.854.3906

jmcshane@newmarpower.com

www.newmarpower.com

Paul & Cyndi Shields
M25XP

yonar

Try BINDER USA industrial connectors series 693. download pdf catalog it is towards the end. I bought from them before. No minimum charge.
Turk Yonar
1989 C34 Hull # 858
Tradewinds
Long Beach, CA

pablosgirl

I went with ordering the plug of the www.driplug.com website using pay-pal.  It was only $8.31 US with shipping for the male half of the plug.  The female half was the same price and if you needed both it was double the price of a single half.  The English are so straight forward!  I will let you know how long the shipping takes.

Paul
Paul & Cyndi Shields
M25XP