Fuel overflow

Previous topic - Next topic

Meerkata

On filling my tank, I get an overflow when the tank guage shows 3/4 full. Do any of the add-on surge protectors really work? I dont want to install one, and then find that the same problem continues. On 2003 model, the overflow hose is at the same level as the tank neck. Any ideas on how to re-plumb, or use an in-line surge protector?
1649 Jim

Craig Illman

Jim - See my last comment on http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,4441.0.html  The Racor unit comes with a couple tie-wraps. I attached it to the top of the fuel fill hose, just below the deck fitting. I also made sure there were no dips in the vent hose before and after the unit.

Craig

Bob K

Craig,
When I replaced my tank and hoses, I saw the old vent hose had a dip in it.  After some thought, I installed the new hose and kept a dip in it.  My logic (or lack of) was that the fuel sitting in the hose dip would act as a block to prevent "breathing" , and this would lessen the amount of moisture entering the tank over time from humid air.  Not sure if that makes a difference or not, but the dip doesn't seem to hurt.  I think the fuel in the dip eventually gets pulled into the tank as it empties, as when I fill up, fuel does not come out the overflow vent until full. 
Bob K
Prosit
1992 #1186
Northern Chesapeake Bay