Raw water pump impeller

Previous topic - Next topic

steve stoneback

I am ordering a couple of new impellers for my pump.  I did a search that says a Globe 815 is the impeller to order and the Defender # is 301961.  On the Defender site the Globe 815 is Defender # 303786.  Obviously I don't want to order the wrong one.  Can someone please clarify this for me.
thanks.

Steve
Steve Stoneback
Grasmere
1989 #918
Lake Oahe Pierre, SD

Stu Jackson

Steve, please advise what pump you have: Sherwood or Oberdorfer...
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

steve stoneback

Sorry, I should have included that info.  It's an Orberdorfer.
Steve
Steve Stoneback
Grasmere
1989 #918
Lake Oahe Pierre, SD

Stu Jackson

Have you tried DEPCO?  They furnish replacement parts.  I get mine from our local Universal dealer, don't have the Defender part # and they're not Globes.  The pump should be a 202M-15.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

steve stoneback

Thanks Stu,
I will give DEPCO a try.  Thanks for the pump #.
Steve
Steve Stoneback
Grasmere
1989 #918
Lake Oahe Pierre, SD

Stu Jackson

This link via to Depco website to Oberdorder's:  http://www.oberdorfer-pumps.com/Spec_sheets/202M%20Series%204%20page.pdf\

No impeller info, but I'll bet Depco will know.

Ron Hill

Steve : Go with the Globe 815 impeller (from Defender) as it will last much longer (years) than the regular Oberdoffer impeller from DEPCO. 
I have never seen a Globe impeller with a missing blade!!  A cracked blade yes, but none missing as with the black impellers.  A few thoughts !!
Ron, Apache #788

Ken Juul

Defender probably has changed their catalog number.  Give them a call tell them what you have and get the Globe.  It is a much better impeller.  As easy as online shopping is, sometimes talking to a person is still necessary.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA