Garhauer Service

Previous topic - Next topic

waterdog

Well the folks at Garhauer did deliver my new vang.   I was a little disappointed because I had also ordered and paid for a triple rope clutch and they shipped me a single.   This was a bit of a problem.  If I just shipped it back I wouldn't have any way to recover the tax that my fine government charged me on the way into the country.  I had a notion that maybe I could mate it up to the other single I have and have them ship me a triple for the price of a single with a few long bolts for the trouble and we would be square. 

Anyway they answered my email straight away, apologized for the error, told me they would ship the triple out right away they would throw in the bolts and I could keep the single no charge.  Nice.

Every company makes the occasional error, but how they fix the problem makes all the difference.  That's pretty decent service. 
Steve Dolling
Former 1988 #804, BlackDragon - Vancouver BC
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat

Jon Schneider

And I can one-up that service story from Garhauer.  I bought a block from them at a boat show about four years ago.  It had a post on it that was meant to be used on the mast collar.  I ended up not needing it, so it's been in my basement all this time.  I decided that I would like to replace the well-worn spinnaker at the masthead, and called Garhauer to see if they would convert the post to an adjustable shackle.  They said sure, send it back.  A week later, I received a brand new, updated model block (with the correct shackle).  No charge, not even for shipping.  They're an amazing company.  I hope that despite their low prices and customer-is-always-right attitude that they make tons of money.... they deserve it!
Jon Schneider
s/v Atlantic Rose #1058 (1990)
Greenport, NY USA

canuck

They are simply awesome to deal with. Just got a lifting davit from them for $291. Seattle boat show price was $375 from American dealer. Canadian price $500!!!
Got the EZ Glide 2UB system with optional swivel cam for  $399. Canadian dealer price $600!!

Thanks to Melissa, Tina and Guido!!!!!!!

Latitudes

Momentum M

I had bought a boom hale at the Toronto boat show (and also an EZ Genoa car traveller...you'll find pictures of this assembly taken at the Strictly sail, Miami...on the topic EZ traveller).
I received it today...paid 12 Can$(at the show), the custom value was declared at 5.00 US $, they'd call me to verify the size, plus 9.00 US $ for shipping...so I am really impressed with the service and cost!!!   I'm not sure where they make the profit...or is it just a good relation toward customer (*_*)

So far so good.
Serge & Carole Cardinal
C 34 Mk II 2005 - 1719
Wing Keel
Fresh water, Ontario Lake, Canada/Usa
On Hard from Oct to May

waterdog

The new triple arrived today, no charge.

Foster:  "So why do you order it from California?   Why don't you just buy something at West Marine?"

Me:  "Well I could buy something similar at West Marine, but it would cost $300 or so."

Foster:  "How much did this one cost?"

Me:   "A hundred and fifty."

Foster looks over the new one thinking about the relative costs:  "So what did they (Garhauer) do, jack it off somebody else's boat?"

Steve Dolling
Former 1988 #804, BlackDragon - Vancouver BC
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat

Ted Pounds

ROTFLMAO    :rolling
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447