Boat fire 2003

Previous topic - Next topic

fthefireman

First of all i would like to say that i enjoy this forum. Second i just wanted to say that last year i purchased the boat in Mississippi that caught fire on or around Christmas of 2003. The boat was not totaled. I purchased the boat from a mechanic at the marina where it has been. I had a survey done and it was great with the exception of a few small blisters on the starboard side below waterline. nothing to do with the fire. The man that restored the boat put in a new panel at the nav station and rewired everything. in side was completely redone. the boat has a 16.500 air conditioner. refregeration, lpg stove and oven which i converted from cng to lpg. The tec notoes on the forum really helped. The engine has less than 600 hours and runs great. I had a mac 26 before this and there is no comparision.

Photobucket with a few pics. Thanks for all info that i got off this forum. Frank Williams

fthefireman

Sorry about the way the pics came out. My computer skills are lacking.

modified by sanner: (fixed your links above, looks good)

Jon Schneider

Wow, she looks fantastic.  Do you have any "before" pictures?  How extensive was the fire?
Jon Schneider
s/v Atlantic Rose #1058 (1990)
Greenport, NY USA

fthefireman

I don't have any before pics. the owner had left a heater on at the nav station, apparently the fire burned the panel up but never burned through. Probably lack of oxygen put the fire out. It left soot all over but the wood cleaned up good. There  is no smell at all. My wife and i live about six hours away in Louisiana. when we go up we stay on the boat ,the air conditioner is great. Picwick lake is on the Tennessee river, and the marina we are at is half mile from  the tombigbee water way. you can motor all the way to Mobile Alabama, about 440 miles. North on the river you can get to Lake Michigan but you have to have the mast down.

fthefireman

Thanks for fixing the pics.

Ted Pounds

Here's the original post on the fire:
http://c34.org/bbs/index.php?topic=1234.0

I thought there were pics with it, but I was mistaken.
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447

waterdog

Frank, what is the last picture in the series?  I'm not sure what I'm looking at.
Steve Dolling
Former 1988 #804, BlackDragon - Vancouver BC
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat

fthefireman

That last pic is the glass top to my 2004 corvette, that i sold. like i said not too good at pic posting.

waterdog

Quote from: fthefireman on December 11, 2007, 03:54:36 PM
That last pic is the glass top to my 2004 corvette, that i sold. like i said not too good at pic posting.

Ah good.  I though you had done some exotic upgrade with a new style of companion way hatch that I'd never seen before. 
Steve Dolling
Former 1988 #804, BlackDragon - Vancouver BC
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat