Hump Hose Installation

Previous topic - Next topic

Footloose

I just received my hump hose.  Last fall I remove the piece of rigid exhaust hose by cutting it and leving the exhaust riser in place.  Can I get the hump hose in without removing the exhaust riser?  This is more of a planning question than anything.  In otherwords; is this a 10 minute install with lots of KY jelly or a couple of hours in the aft birth?
Dave G.
"Footloose"
Hull# 608  1988 Tall Rig/Fin Keel
Malletts Bay, VT- Lake Champlain

Ron Hill

Dave : Check to make sure you have the correct length.  You may have to cut some off.  Make sure that the temp is about 72F or warmer so the hump hose is flexible (place it in hot water).  Then use some silicone grease on each end and slide it on.
It could take 15 minutes - without removing the riser!!   :thumb:
Ron, Apache #788

Footloose

Thanks Ron.  It will be awhile before this goes on.  Right now I am collecting parts for the spring push.  It is about zero outside right now and the ice is about a foot thick on the lake.
Dave G.
"Footloose"
Hull# 608  1988 Tall Rig/Fin Keel
Malletts Bay, VT- Lake Champlain

Stu Jackson

Dave, a search on "hump hose" answers your question, many posts discuss just this issue.  Just in case you haven't done a search yet.   :D
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Mike Denest

Having recently replaced the exhaust riser on Whisper, I also installed a new hump hose.  I purchased the 12 inch hose from Catalina Direct and trimmed it down until I got a good fit.  Note, I loose fitted the riser until the hose length was trimmed to allow the riser to slide onto the mounting studs.  It turned out to be trimmed to about 8 inches.
Michael and Diane Denest
Whisper #680
1988 Tall Rig Wing Keel
Rock Hall, MD