Trailer

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzy

Does anyone out there have trailer for their C34?  Besides me that is.
Larry G. Trumble
East Jordan, MI
Katarina
1987 #475

steve stoneback

Larry,
You are not alone.  We launch and haul with a trailer.   There is no boat lift where we sail so everyone uses a trailer, it's not by choice.   Once the boat and trailer are at waters edge we block it and unhook the hitch, hook up a 40ft. 40,000 lb strap and let it roll back into the water until the boat floats off.  Hauling, the trailer goes in the water and we drive the boat on and strap her down and pull her out.  A calm day is a must because it is tricky to thread the needle with the wind blowing
Steve
Steve Stoneback
Grasmere
1989 #918
Lake Oahe Pierre, SD

Ron Hill

Larry : Out of curiosity, what do you use to pull the trailer with your C34 onboard? 
Hope like Steve, you don't have far to go!!   :think
Ron, Apache #788

Fuzzy

Steve & Ron:

I don't launch with the trailer as there are a lot of travel-lifts in this area.  I use it to haul
to the marina for launch with the travel-lift and to haul back home in the fall.  The biggest
reason to haul and store at home for the winter is that I can work on projects, etc. over
the winter (I have done a fair amount of projects and upgrades already). It does save money
also.

Ron, I have to hire a mobile home hauler to haul the trailer w/boat as it is an oversized load
and need a permit.  I can move it around the yard though with a 4wd half ton pickup.

Thanks for the replys.
    Larry
Larry G. Trumble
East Jordan, MI
Katarina
1987 #475

steve stoneback

Ron & Larry,
Our boat and trailer travel about a half mile from boat ramp to storage lot.  I pull it with my 4X4 pickup in 4 low.  Although, to haul it up and down the ramp we hook 2 4X4's together just to be safe.  Like I said in a previous post my boat and trailer weigh over 19,000 lbs.........  way to much for a pickup.
Steve
Steve Stoneback
Grasmere
1989 #918
Lake Oahe Pierre, SD

Terry Forshier

Do you have a photo of this? Boast on Trailer. I would like to see it. I trailered a 25 footer all over  the country and cannot imagine a 34. ?

Fuzzy

Terry:

I will try to get a picture within the near future and hopefully can figure out how to post it
here.

Larry
Larry G. Trumble
East Jordan, MI
Katarina
1987 #475

Rick Johnson

Well, this is the pickup and trailer that moved us to Texas.  But it blew out tires everyday because it was just too much weight.  I look forward to seeing your trailer....
Rick Johnson, #1110, 1990, s/v Godspeed, Lake Travis, TX