Lights

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Juul

I've tried a search, tried the knowledge base, tried the FAQs.  I know I have seen a listing of the common replacement bulbs for the nav/mast lights but cannot find it.  Steaming light must have been damaged during the restepping process, would like to get the bulb before I go up the mast.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Larry Robertie

Catalina Direct has nav light replacement bulbs.  Last year the ones from the link below fit perfectly on the anchor light of my C27.  I've no idea if they would be the same nav lights as on a C34

http://www.catalinadirect.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=151

Larry Robertie
Ruach #1506
Salem, MA

Stu Jackson

Ken, depends on whether you have a Forespar or Aqua Signal fixture.  I don't recall a "light list" but I'll keep thinking on it.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Jim Price

If you have the Aqua Signal (it is much smaller than the Forespar) Series 25, I believe the West Marine bulbs are:  Steaming - #175203 (Anchor # 52933) Dim-Festoon base 10w;  Deck Light - #2412252 (Anchor #529337) mini-bay base halogen 20w.  I am not on the boat where I have spares but I think these are the numbers.  I would change the deck light since you have to go up any way.  It will probably fail as soon as you get down so spend the money.  Also, remember, the deck light is halogen, don't touch with fingers.  Also have something with you to clean the copper contacts while you have everything open.
Jim Price
"LADY DI", 1119
Lake Lanier, GA

Ken Juul

Thanks Jim,
The deck light was changed last year so it should be good for several more years.  The anchor light is new, installed a higher sitting Perko because the original had self destructed with the help of uv and birds.  I should have changed it on principle while the mast was out, but it worked before we pulled the stick, thought it would work when restepped.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

sdaly66

Ken,

Here's an extract from the email I just received last week from Aqua Signal.

Aqua signal festoon 12v/10w part number 90200-7 is standard on the 87. 

I just got this info last week from Aqua Signal.  WM carried the bulb but they have to order it.  I ordered 2 and they came in about a week after I ordered.