Head Hatch Screens

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Kern

My MKII came with screens for all the hatches but the square ones above the head and aft cabin entry.  They don't appear to have any way to hold a screen in but I can't beleive there is not some way to have screens over those.  Anyone have/seen them?
Joe Kern
2005 Catalina 34MKII
Hull # 1717
Merritt Island, Fl

Ron Hill

Joe : I believe that you have a Bomar 12" square hatch. 
In my MK1 I installed a screen kit with an adapter ring on the inside of that hatch in the head  --  back in 1989.  I've written so many articles/tips in the past 18 years; that I believe it's written up in an early Mainsheet(with part #).   :wink:
Ron, Apache #788

Joe Kern

Thanks Ron.  I will see what I can figure out.

Joe
Joe Kern
2005 Catalina 34MKII
Hull # 1717
Merritt Island, Fl

Jim Rose

This might help you out.  Hatchmaster Screens by Sea Frost.  I installed these on all the hatches.  Just drop over the hatch and they are weighted with a stainless steel chain.  Very well made and come in their own storage bag. Just measure your outside dimensions.

www.seafrost.com

Hatchmaster
372 Route 4
Barrington, NH 03825
1-800-435-6708
Fax: 603-868-1040

Ken Juul

I just take a piece of screening thats about 2" wider than the hatch.  Crack the hatch open, lay the screen over the hatch and hold it in place with a couple coils/wraps of the jib halyard.  We never open it fully, but same method could be used with  a bigger piece of screen.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA