Sherwood Sea water pump

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Juul

had guests on board last weekend, got distracted, left the dock with the engine thru hull closed.  Caught my mistake before we left the marina, tied up to an open t dock.  Impeller was still in one piece, but several vanes were starting to tear.  Installed the spare and had a great weekend.

In searching for a new spare impeller I looked at Defender.  They were advertising a new blue model manufactured by Globe.  15 minute run dry guarantee.  For my 25xp,Sherwood impeller Part# 9000 the correct Globe part # is 610.  If you have the 10077 impeller the corresponding globe part# is 1130.  It does not come with an O ring and gasket, the price is $27.99.  Got it yesterday, exact match.  Vanes are a little stiffer than the rubber, and the plastic has a slippery quality to it.

If you decide to stay with the black rubber kits (with O ring and gasket).  Go2marine.com has them for $29.16, adiesel.com has them for $30.06.  Both cheaper than BUS or WM.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Ron Hill

Ken : I put that same information in the Fleet 12 Newsletter about the Globe made impellers from Defender, over a year ago.

I've used the Globe impellers in my Oberdofer since 1991!!  They are much more resilient than the "black" ones.
I've NEVER had a blade detach.  Change mine out every 3 to 5 years when I might see a slight cracking in the blades where they attach to the hub.  Good impeller.   :thumb:
Ron, Apache #788

Steve S.

Hey Ron,

You don't by any chance remember the model No. for the globe impeller for the oberdorfer?
Steve S.
Hull 548
Kuching Ayer
Chesapeake Bay

Ron Hill

Steve : The number for an Oberdofer pump is "Globe" # 815.  I believe the Defender part # is 301961.  Think the Oberdoffer impeller is a little cheaper @ $15 -20.

What makes the Globe impeller different is that it's made out of "Elastomer Niprene".  They are a dark blue in color.  Years back they used to call them a 'Barko" impeller made by the Globe Rubber Works.  
I wrote a TIP in the Mainsheet years back.     :D
Ron, Apache #788

Steve S.

Ron, Thanks.   FYI-  Defender is offering the 815 impeller for $15.82 as a "boat show" special.  Torrensen Marine offers the std black rubber impeeler for $34.95.  I've been accused of having no brain, but I don't thnk I need one here.
Steve S.
Hull 548
Kuching Ayer
Chesapeake Bay

Randy Stolze

Steve and Ron,

Thanks for the heads-up on the good deal from Defender. I just ordered a couple spares.

Randy
Randy