shroud tension

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Kaplan

as posted before, end of last season i bought  #219, 1986 tall rig, shallow draft. mast was recently stepped and i have gotten 5 sails so far. i now need to tune the rigging and am looking to see if anybody can supply me with the correct shroud tension. i have a loos guage and used to tune my old c27. the wire is much bigger on the c34 so if anybody can supply me with the proper tension for both upper, lower and backstay tension i would greatly appreciate it. i checked past posts but couldn't find the needed info. thanks for all replys...jeff kaplan "sedona sunset".
#219, 1986 tall rig/shallow draft. "sedona sunset" atlantic-salem,ma

Ed Shankle

Jeff,
There was a post with the tensioning recommendations; try looking for it again. If you can't find it, I'll make a copy of mine for you. I've got it printed out and stowed on board. I can either fax it to you or hook up with you. I'm at Hawthorne Cove Marina in Salem.

Ed
Ed Shankle
Tail Wind #866 1989 m25xp
Salem, MA

Jeff Kaplan

ed, if you could make a copy of the shroud tension and fax it to me at:978-532-8045 i would greatly appreciate it. my boat is near the day maker #23 out side of hawthorne cove. i use the salem water taxi. do you belong to hawthorne or use the taxi? there seems to be a few 34's in our area, maybe we should look to start a local fleet. let me know. thanks for the info...jeff kaplan "sedona sunset".
#219, 1986 tall rig/shallow draft. "sedona sunset" atlantic-salem,ma

Ed Shankle

Jeff,
I won't be back to the boat until the weekend, due to the crummy weather. I'll get it then, and bring it home and fax it to you.
Yes, I belong to Hawthorne Cove. Been there for 6 years.
Actually, there is a Catalina organization in the area, it's an all Catalina group. Covers south of Boston up to southern NE.
Go to www.allcatalinane.org to check it out.
I'll look for Sedona Sunset around the harbor.

Ed
Ed Shankle
Tail Wind #866 1989 m25xp
Salem, MA