Retirement...

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Smith

Well, I finally decided to pull the plug.  I put in my papers and I will retire on June 3 after 27 years with the DoD.  That will leave me a lot of time for consulting, teaching, working on the B.O.A.T!  (Maybe reverse the order of that) It's going to be a big change, not being tied to a desk/classroom all day - but it's time to go.  Life is short and it's time to stop and smell the crab bait!  We may even be able to make some of the C34IA gatherings!  

Wish me luck!
Mike

paule

GOOD for you!!!!!!!!!!

I plan on leaving in 30 months from teaching like you tired of th DODO
and plan on moving to Rotonda FL to sail both the gulf and Port Charolett

Paul
Yachta Yachta Yachta
Fleet 3 Sec.
Paul & Lynn Erb
Yachta Yachta Yachta
C34 2003 #1634
Rotonda West, FL 33947

David Comando

Mike,
Congradulations!
Wishing you many good years of sailing, good health, and happiness!
Dave Comando
Kindred Spirit #55
David Comando, 1987 Kindred Spirit, Hull# 55 sailing the waters of Eastern Long Island, and to other points in the Northeast.

John Sheehan

Mike,

Go for it!  See you on the water.

John & Kay
John Sheehan
Sea Shell
2003 MKII  # 1642
Gulf Breeze, FL

Rick Johnson

Mike,

Glad to hear that someone can actually retire!  Have fun and enjoy yourself.
Rick Johnson, #1110, 1990, s/v Godspeed, Lake Travis, TX

Jim Price

Based on your photo, and ablility to reply to threads immediately, I always thought you were RETIRED !!!   :thumb:
Jim Price
"LADY DI", 1119
Lake Lanier, GA

Mike Smith

So does my boss!

Mike

Paul Blumenfeld

Congratulations Mike.

I'm just jealous
Ali'ikai #312
Channel Islands, CA

captran

You are fortunate, indeed.  Since I started in education late in life I can't start collecting any teachers retirement until age 65, so at almost 53, I'm thinking 9 more years to 62 and a small social security to tide me over if its available.  But at least with the school system we are off summers.  In two weeks I get to start our 20th summer of cruising.  Have the house sitter secured and am more than ready to put the finishing touches on Voyager and sail into the sunset!  But full time retirement would be so much better!  Congrats!
Randy Thies
Voyager  1997 #1345
was Florida, now Anacortes Wa