Steaming Light Replacement

Previous topic - Next topic

RON SCHERER

After numerous attempts to fix original steaming light I have made the decision to replace it with a new one. Can anyone out there recommend a good replacement model that they are happy with?

Stu Jackson

Ron

You pretty much only have two choices, Aqua Signal and Forespar.  Catalina switched over the years.  Find out what you have and replace in kind to simplify the mounting.  I'll bet the ends of the old wiring may be pretty corroded by now, too.  I just replaced our bow light and had to cut (as little as I could) maybe 1/2 inch off the ends to find "clean" wire.  Use Boeshield or another equivalent product to reduce future corrosion on the wires and the screws of the housing of the new light.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ted Pounds

Ron,

Stu brings up a good point about the wire.  If it's not too difficult you might want to replace the wire with good, marine grade, tinned wire while you're replacing the light.  That would help prevent further problems down the road.  Just a thought...
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447

RON SCHERER

Thanks for the help on the steaming light. Now the big ?---Do you know who sells the Aqua Signal and/or the Forespar lights?

Stu Jackson

Ron

Just about any chandlery and West Marine and BoatUS, who can be found on the web.  I would suggest you also try Defender.  The usually have the least cost for the same item.  You should start amassing catalogs, they're very handy and also good learning tools.  Try www.defender.com.  You can buy online, too.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."