Superfurl

Previous topic - Next topic

RON SCHERER

Well, its almost Christmas and I have asked santa for a new furler. Does anyone have the superfurl furler and would you buy it again? Please let me know the good, bad and the ugly. Thanks to everyone.

Dale Thompson

I had a Harken on my Cat30 for 18 years and absolutely no problems.  It had a split drum for racing.  When I bought it that feature was new but I believe most of the units are available with split drum.

RON SCHERER

Dale---Thanks for your reply. The furler Im refering to is named Superfurl. I dont believe it is in the Harken family. It is a solo co. out of Fullerton, Calif. Any other info. will be appreciated. Thanks Ron

Stu Jackson

Ron

I haven't heard of it before.  I found and reviewed their website, looks like an interesting piece of equipment.

As with all furlers (except ProFurl) you may need a halyard restrainer at the top of your mast to assure that the angle of the halyard at the top doesn't cause a wrap with the top swivel of the furler.  If you haven't asked them about it yet, you should consider doing so.

Also, you might want to post this question on www.catalinaowners.com, where there are many skippers, also with other brand boats, who may have had experience with this furler.

Good luck, and ain't Santa great?  :)
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."