Replacing 1" Pedestal Guard with 1 1/4;" quad instrument pod

Previous topic - Next topic

Tweetybd

If you replaced the original 1" pedestal guard with a new 1 1/4" one, did you replace the top plate as well, or drill it out to accomodate the wider guard?  Did you stick with the 9 1/2" wide unit?  Any comments/hints would be appreciated.

Has anyone replaced their original instrument panel with one of the new ones?  If so, details would be appreciated.

Also, if you replaced your knotmeter transducer, did you cut the wire and splice-in the new transducer, or did you replace the entire wire?  Any problems or hints?

Finally, if anyone has a quad instrument pod predrilled for ST50 or 60 instruments for sale, please let me know.

This is going to be a busy (expensive) season...

thanks,
Jon

P.S. Please see the upcoming Mainsheet for Fleet formation activity (including new fleets in Southern New Jersey [#3] and Florida's Emerald Coast [#8]), and let me know if you're interested in starting a fleet in your area.  Art Levine is unable to continue formation efforts in Southern California, so is there someone who is willing to step-in (if so, email me at jonarck@astound.net)?

Roc

Jon,
I had to replace my knotmeter transducer and I did cut the wire and splice the new one on.  I called Raymarine and asked them before I did it and they said it was ok with the knotmeter, but not with the depth transducer.  Mine has been working fine for two seasons now.

Roc-
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD