Adding photos to Forum posts

Previous topic - Next topic

KWKloeber

Quote from: Noah on September 23, 2024, 07:08:17 PM
Quote from: KWKloeber on September 23, 2024, 06:39:15 PMThere's an oddity in the "better, improved" forum software.  If you want to add a photo, you need to click to "Preview" your message -- then the bar appears at the bottom to drag in an image file or click to browse it.

Ken— I have not found this issue posting photos. I never have had to "preview" using the new software. Hmmm?

Noah

See below the initial reply compose window and after Previewing. This is on the phone - but I believe PC browser is the same.
When composing a NEW topic, I believe that the add file bar initially shows up but I'd need to confirm that.  Others had also mentioned this quirk.

Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Noah

Have tried both reply and new topic on phone and see "click or drag" box on both, without having to preview. My "? Mark/symbols" everywhere are a separate issue with my phone /user settings I believe.
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

KWKloeber

Noah

You must be using the "Reply" hidden a level down under "User Actions"?

IMG_7977.jpeg

The Quick Reply compose box at the bottom of the page is where there's no attach file bar until after a Preview.

IMG_7978.jpeg

I think many (like me) don't use Reply on a device because it's hidden and on the laptop browser Reply is exposed like a baby's butt.

IMG_7980.jpeg

Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Noah

Yes. I click user actions and reply. Never tried any other route.
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig