New Owner Questions

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu Jackson

Quote from: Noah on September 25, 2024, 10:31:49 AM>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

What is the factory standard water tank configuration and how did it change with the years built?

Kevin—Do you have three water tanks? Aft, Starboard and V-berth?

Noah,

The first boats came with fwd and strbd tanks,1986 initial models.  Around hull #200 in late 1986 they stopped with the fwd tank and put in the aft tank, keeping the strbd tank.  I have #224 with an aft tank.  It's been aft & strbd ever since.

The only thing that seems to have changed is the strbd tank fill point.  I looked at the Mark II manual and it's not as clear as the Mark I manual was.  I did that when krafty noted a bow fill point.  That bow fill is a long way away from the strbd tank.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Noah

Thanks Stu—what confuses me is that Kevin (TopGun) said he "prefers to use his V-Berth tank instead of his aft tank". Which begs the question what happened to his Starboard tank, and does he have three tanks?
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

Stu Jackson

Noah, he said "front tank" so he could have meant the strbd one.  I can understand your confusion.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

scgunner

Guys,

Just to clear up the confusion in regards to the V-berth I mentioned sleeping there not that I had a tank under the V-berth. In referring to the front and aft tanks that was in reference to the location of the water pump and valves, one tank's ahead of them one behind, maybe I should have been clearer. My boat is an '86 with the standard configuration; one tank under the seat of the dining table, one tank behind the bulkhead in the aft cabin.

Ironically I actually do have a V-berth tank but it was added by me to increase tankage, it's tied into the front tank and also controlled by the front tank valve. It became necessary after I installed a flash water heater and "the Girls" began using water at an alarming rate!
Kevin Quistberg                                                 Top Gun 1987 Mk 1 Hull #273