Sailing instruments

Previous topic - Next topic

LogoFreak

Hey everyone! I've share the pics of my i70s displays on another post but I think it deserves its own post. I personally don't like a cluttered helm so decided to install all of the displays above the companion way. I have a total of 4 i70s displays and one p70s display.

Was rocking the temp setup with just a simple plywood board for testing purposes for a couple of years, finally decided I really like the location. So I got in touch with Eric at Stokedman studios that does design and 3D printing services. They came up with this design based on what I wanted and I think it turned out awesome! I'll post a few more in depth pics and install process as well in the next few days.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
1992 Catalina 34 Tall rig fin keel mk 1.5 "Polonaise"
Hull number 1179

LogoFreak

I really like how it turned out, super slick, water proof and very modular as you can add or remove each individual block that makes up the whole pod. I chose to have usb charging at each end as well.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

pbyrne

Very nice! I like the i70s.  I find them beefy but functional.  They have a nice screen and are easy to read.

Do you find them difficult to read from that distance?  That's one thing I like about having them on the helm; they are easy to read and change the display with the up/down multifunction buttons.
2000 Catalina 34 MK II #1534

LogoFreak

Not at all, I mean if you setup the display with 6 data boxes some of the digits might be harder to see, but in single box layout it's visible from anywhere in the cockpit.

I really like the p70s there as well, I usually sail under autopilot and sit by the companion way, so quick course adjustments are right there at my finger tips.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

Ron Hill

Logo : How did you route all of the wiring to get to the instruments?

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

LogoFreak

Hey Ron,

At the moment I haven't committed to a location for the wires, for the time being they're going thru the head hatch. I will be building a new hard dodger this fall and will likely drill a hole for the wires under the foot of the dodger, so that they poke thru at the corner of a bulkhead and can then easily route them inside.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179