Replacement fuel pump for M25XP

Previous topic - Next topic

senorquill

Gents,

Does anyone have link to fuel pump replacement for the M25XP? I'll need to go to a local auto store. I'm needing the GPH and PSI specs. I found this one and I think it works. https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BK_6101075?cid=paidsearch_shopping_dcoe_google&store=31162&campaign=GSC-Fuel-Emissions&campaign_id=10951730297&adgroup_id=113117085528&adtype=pla&gclsrc=aw.ds&gad_source=1

I'm on anchor in a bad spot waiting for sea tow so if you don't actually now what fuel filter would replace it than don't respond.

Thanks,

Ryan
MQ

KWKloeber

https://c34.org/wiki/index.php?title=Fuel#Items_of_Interest
The Facet models on my list will work but are not the ONLY ones.

The demands of our engines are very forgiving as to the fuel pump and many many Facets Gold series will work - many are 32 gph which is way overkill but doesn't matter. Min 4-5 psi is fine.
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Jon W

Try Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co website www.aircraftspruce.com. Look under engine parts, fuel pumps, Facet. Aircraft Spruce PN 05-10832 is Facet Gold-Flo PN 476087E. Fits this application and price is $143.75 vs $216.99 at NAPA without shipping.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
Hull #493, 1987 MK 1, M25XP, 35# Mantus, Std Rig
San Diego, Ca

senorquill

Thanks. I was able to get the first one ordered to Napa. Arrives Monday, so I'll be hanging out till then. The current one looks pretty old so was probably on last leg. Just crossed the Gulf from Destin to Tampa without issue. Anchored outside Gulfport Marina for now.

MQ
MQ

Ron Hill

Guys : Just remember that the fuel tank on the C34 is higher than the engine and the fuel will syphon down to the engine!!!

A thought

Ron, Apache #788

KWKloeber

Quote from: senorquill on December 02, 2023, 03:53:03 PM
Thanks. I was able to get the first one ordered to Napa. Arrives Monday, so I'll be hanging out till then. The current one looks pretty old so was probably on last leg. Just crossed the Gulf from Destin to Tampa without issue. Anchored outside Gulfport Marina for now.

MQ

Have you checked the screen in the bottom of the pump? possibly it's blocked. 
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.

Ron Hill

Ryan : Just make sure that your electric fuel pump is plumbed in the fuel line after the Racor filter. That way the fuel pump get filtered fuel and you never have to check the screens on the fuel pump!!

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

KWKloeber

Quote from: Ron Hill on December 04, 2023, 02:01:22 PM

make sure that your electric fuel pump is plumbed in the fuel line after the Racor filter. That way the fuel pump get filtered fuel and you never have to check the screens on the fuel pump!!

How a diesel mechanic explained the reason for that sequence is -- If the pump is first in line, it can emulsify H2O molecules into the diesel, then they do not get separated in the Racor and can be transmitted to the injectors.  :cry4`

His logic made sense to me! :thumb:

senorquill

Just to close this out, I made a bone head move. I had actually never hooked up the fuel pump wire on the back of the cockpit instrument panel after installing a new tach. Yes, the engine siphons fuel just fine if it's full, my treshold was 3/4 tank and the engine would start to starve.

Another fuel concern, I've been sailing pretty hard, several islands in The Bahamas from Panhandle FL, and I just changed my Racor fuel filter for the first time in about 120 hours of motoring (Brand new). My god it was full of "mud" and stuff. Wish I would have gotten the fuel tank cleaned prior to this trip. I'm assuming it's the original and has never been cleaned. I wasn't planning on changing it for like 2 oil changes but after I got caught in some big swells and the engine was struggling I changed it out.
MQ

Stu Jackson

Good news!

Don't forget:

Fuel Starvation and The Obscure Check Ball Valve
https://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,10681.0.html
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

Senor : Another thing you need to check is to pull the pickup tube in the fuel tank and make sure that the screen on the end has been REMOVED!!

A thought
Ron, Apache #788