No electric bilge pump

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete G

My MK1 only has a manual bilge pump.  I plan on adding one over the winter.  Any advice on how I can vent the discharge to the existing through hull?
Pete G
"Maris Otter"
1987 C34T #371
Wildwood YC
Cleveland, OH

Jon W

I put a write up in the Tech WIKI with text and photos describing what I did with my bilge pumps that might be helpful.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
Hull #493, 1987 MK 1, M25XP, 35# Mantus, Std Rig
San Diego, Ca

Ron Hill

Pet G.: Just make sure that you use smooth (inside) hose and do NOT install a one way check valve!!

A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788

Pete G

For some reason, clicking on the Wiki links gives me a black screen.
Pete G
"Maris Otter"
1987 C34T #371
Wildwood YC
Cleveland, OH

Dave Spencer

Black Screen.  Me too.  It happens on my MacBook Air  running Mac OS 14.0.  I tried Safari, Chrome and Firefox browsers with the same result.  Same thing happens on my iPhone running iOS 16.7.1.

Dave Spencer
C34 #1279  "Good Idea"
Mk 1.5, Std Rig, Wing Keel, M35A Engine
Boat - Midland, Ontario (formerly Lion's Head)
People - London, Ontario

Jon W

I can call up the Tech WIKI, but getting a black screen when I click on a category. Same issue when I go to c34.org then click on the Discussion Forum. I asked the webmaster about it a few days ago, but don't know the status. I'll follow up with him later today. I'll post the pdf of my write-up if it's under the file size later today as well.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
San Diego, Ca

Dave Spencer

Thanks for advancing this to the webmaster Jon.  Your symptoms are exactly what I see.  There's an "X" in the upper right corner of the black screen but clicking on it does nothing.
Dave Spencer
C34 #1279  "Good Idea"
Mk 1.5, Std Rig, Wing Keel, M35A Engine
Boat - Midland, Ontario (formerly Lion's Head)
People - London, Ontario

Jon W

Sorry can't post the PDF. I reduced the file size, but still too big.

I found a workaround to get to the projects in the Tech WIKI that works on my computer.

Click on the Tect WIKI link at the top of this page
Click Projects By Boat Author. It will take you to a black screen. In the URL name https://c34.org/wikiwp/ change it to https://c34.org/wikiwp/bbs/
It will take you to a page that says "OOPs! That Page Can't Be Found" at the top.
At the top of that same page look for the category Technical listed 3rd from the left. Hold your curser over it, and select Tech Wiki.
It will bring you to a Tech Wiki page. Scroll down to "Projects By Boat Author" and click on it.
It should take you to a list of boat owners projects page. Mine is Della / Jean Jon Windt., click on it.
The bilge pump project write up is the second from the top.

Hope this helps.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
San Diego, Ca

Pete G

Pete G
"Maris Otter"
1987 C34T #371
Wildwood YC
Cleveland, OH