Thank you and farewell to this wonderful community

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex W

I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you to this wonderful community!  The tech notes and forum have been an invaluable resource over the last eight years.  This was our first experience with a cruising boat and we've had an amazing time sailing our C34 all around the Chesapeake, and learned so much from this group about maintaining and upgrading our floating vacation home.

As our sailing family grows we're looking to move into a three cabin boat.  If a c425 was in our budget it would certainly be high on our list, but alas, that's a big leap.  We have a lead on a Hunter 460 and the 34 is now listed for sale.

Thank you, safe travels & fair winds
Firefly
'88 c34 #713
Middle River, MD

Ted Pounds

Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447

waughoo

Yeah... c42 mk2 is a 3 cabin boat that is VERY pleasant
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

Alex W

The c42 is certainly an option.  The Admiral isn't a huge fan of the linear galley, but as with everything; it's a tradeoff.
Firefly
'88 c34 #713
Middle River, MD

waughoo

I hear ya on the linear galley.  It is also not my favorite.

BTW Alex W, I sent you a DM about your serp belt install.  Give it a look see when you have a moment.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

glennd3

Glenn Davis
Knot Yet
1990 Catalina 34 Mk 1.5
Hull 1053
TR/WK
M25XP
Patapsco River
Chesapeake Bay Maryland

Noah

Runs in a straightline on one side of the boat. Unlike an "L" or "U" shaped galley.
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

Ron Hill

Too bad in one of the layouts with a V-berth, the C42 aft berth is really a Quarter berth which in my mine makes it a single . So you have a couple (2) for the Vberth and only a single (1) in the aft berth!!!

My thoughts
Ron, Apache #788

KWKloeber

It depends on which layout.  I delivered a 42 Pullman "Oasis" from MD to Great Neck that had double aft "cabins," easily accommodating 4, or 6 tight.  A sweet boat. 
There is a model w/ n aft L galley but the layout gobbles up the aft port cabin.
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain