Anyone want to buy a new Lewmar 30 self-tailing winch, ASAP?

Previous topic - Next topic

Noah

West Marine has a BOGO (buy one get one free) deal now for Lewmar winches. I would like to replace my cabin top non-self-tailer with a self-tailer. However, I don't need a pair. Anyone want to split the purchase with me?
https://www.westmarine.com/buy/lewmar--ocean-30-chrome-self-tailing-2-speed-winch--174789
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

LogoFreak

Antoni - Vancouver BC
1992 Catalina 34 Tall rig fin keel mk 1.5 "Polonaise"
Hull number 1179

LogoFreak

Couldn't resist, ordered a couple. I guess I'll have dedicated gennaker winches in the cockpit  :clap
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

Noah

Standard Rig

LogoFreak

30 self-tailing, size 40 are out of stock and size 46 are too big.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

Noah

Logo-buying Evo or Ocean series? And, are 30's big enough for your gennaker.
Standard Rig

LogoFreak

Got the ocean series, a 40 would have been better but the 30 isn't bad in my opinion. I will be mounting my older 30 size ocean winches in the cockpit to match the primary 46 I have there. I can always sell the 30's I got and get larger ones if they end up being too small.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

LogoFreak

According to this chart I'm ok with a 30 size for gennaker sheets, the sail area of my gennaker is 730sq/ft, biggest sail I potentially may end up with is a 1065sq/ft G2, then the 30 size may be pushing it.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

Ron Hill

Noah : When you remove that #30 Lewmar from the cabin top mount it on the starboard side of the mast!!  You'd be surprised how much easier it is to raise the Main!!

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Noah

Ron- I have a Tides Strong track so my mainsail goes up very easy and down even faster.
Standard Rig

waughoo

I have just the standard slugs and my sail falls completely to the boom even withe the halyard led to the cockpit.  I suspect it could be faster, but I am pretty happy with how simple it is to drop sans track.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte