New stinkpot

Previous topic - Next topic

jrupinsk

Well, we did it!  Our wondeful C34 La Vie Dansante is now at Winter's Sailing waiting for her new owners.  She's been traded in on a new Mainship Pilot 34, that is due up here in December, then commissioned for spring.  It feels strange being boatless!

Thanks to all for seven great years of fun and education.  You've all made us better sailors and we appreciate your friendship and guidance.

Sincerely,

Jan & Liz Rupinski
s/v La Vie Dansante
C34mkII #1311
r/v Southwind 35S "Moose"
Cape May, NJ

c34member

Good luck in your new adventures.  If you find you need a C-34 fix feel free to stop on by.

Ken Juul

I think a lot of us may have trawlers in the future, please report back next summer on how you like it.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

jrupinsk

Thanks!

I'll be lurking!

I'll keep you posted of our exploits.  I'm told fifty percent of Mainship's new sales are to past sailboaters [I know, Mainship is Hunter's cousin].  The Pilot 34 is called a "transition" boat, between the sailboat and the trawler.  This should make a good traveling boat for a weekend or a week, and still be easy to handle on quick day trips.  Here's a link to a picture of the model we have on order:
New Boat

Jan & Liz Rupinski
s/v La Vie Dansante
C34mkII #1311
Cape May, NJ

Stu Jackson

Congratulations

Nice picture.  Additional items of interest to us ragheads would be the systems you have on your new boat.  I've been reading that some motor yachtpersons (not stinkpotters) have begun to equip their boats with propane stoves, large battery banks, 12v refrigeration and inverters, to avoid having to plug into a dock all the time to use their electric stoves, icemakers, etc., and to avoid having to run those nasty noisy generators all night.

All the best,

Stu
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

jrupinsk

Thanks Stu,  I did a double take on the refrigeration, didn't think to ask if it was AC/DC, but just checked and it is.  We went back and forth on the stove issue and settled on the stock electric.  Propane added $850 as an option and the tank would take up the cooler in the cockpit.  I plan on taking a portable butane stove along to cook breakfast on those quiet mornings at anchor.  Lunch and dinner are cooked mostly on the grill.  We listened to boats with the genset on, and figured we could live with it for short periods of time when need be.

What is lacking on this boat is black water capacity. The tank is 14 gallons [I think thats one sitting for me!].  Myself and some others that are having P34's built to order are requesting a larger tank.

Batteries are two group 27's, I'll see about a separate starting battery in the future.  On the C34, two batteries were sufficient for our use.  Genset is 3.5KW.

Some other features:  Bow thruster, basic electronics [VHF, depth, speed-I plan on adding Radar/Chartplotter up here], full cockpit enclosure, single Yanmar 370, dripless shaft, swim platform with transom door, oil exchanger, 12k Marineair Reverse cycle Air/heat.

The salon has the feel of the C34, head to port at the bottom of the companionway steps, the v-berth looks the same, we do lose storage, but figure we always overpack so time to bring less.

Jan & Liz Rupinski
s/v La Vie Dansante
C34mkII #1311
Cape May, NJ