CNG to Propane

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Harvey

I am considering this conversion. Having viewed the tech notes on this subject, it appears that the largest tank insatllation is 11 lbs. Has anyone been able to install a 20 lb tank? What is the experience regarding consumption with the 11 lb for general use with stove, oven and BBQ? Would it last for about 2 weeks of cruising?
Andrew Harvey

Stu Jackson

Andrew

You noted that you'd tried the tech notes.

Have you tried the FIND on this MB and the SEARCH on the main 'site?

I am sure that Ron Hill has posted countless stories about this particular issue.

When in doubt, find something that Ron wrote and then click on "View all posts from this member."

It's there.

http://c34.org/projects/projects-propane-storage.html

May not be a 20 lb can, and maybe your answer is that only 11's will fit.

BTW, the answer to how long it will last is, pretty much, how much you use it.  

Coffee in the morning, connected to your BQB, etc.???

I heard from a dockmate yesterday that his CNG or propane tank lasts two years.  Our CNG only  goes four or five months.  He explained that he doesn't achor out, and is always at a dock because his wife likes to walk.

We like to anchor and cook on board, coffee in the morning, dinner at night, with occaisional use of the BQB when it's warm enough.

Easy answers to improbable questions.

Good luck,

Stu
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."